Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Camera Gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brucey View Post
    Bit of an update on the camera bag search, Taking everyones advice into account i have two bags to decide from; The Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L or The Kata Digital Rucksack 465-D. Both seem to have a huge amount of personal space but also enough room for my gear. The Lowepro seems a little thinner than the Kata, so i'm leaning towards the Lowepro.

Heres some links for the bags:
    http://www.kata-bags.com/dr-465-dl-f...sh-ktdl-dr-465
    http://www.lowepro.com/photo-hatchback-aw

Has anyone got experience with that type of Kata bag?
    My vote would be on the lowepro, better and more useful features., i have a number of kata and lowepro bags (not those two) and the quality of both makes are excellent it's a choice between what features there are and how useful they are to you.

fats

Comment

Bit of an update on the camera bag search, Taking everyones advice into account i have two bags to decide from; The Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L or The Kata Digital Rucksack 465-D. Both seem to have a huge amount of personal space but also enough room for my gear. The Lowepro seems a little thinner than the Kata, so i'm leaning towards the Lowepro.

Heres some links for the bags:
      http://www.kata-bags.com/dr-465-dl-f...sh-ktdl-dr-465
      http://www.lowepro.com/photo-hatchback-aw

Has anyone got experience with that type of Kata bag?
      That Lowepro bag looks pretty good, I might even look in to one... The Kata bag looks a little small, but you weren't after a big bag anyways, right?

I've finally made my decision in which UWA lens to buy, I've ordered a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 II. Decided to spend the extra few bucks and get the series 2 than the series 1. Still not sure if I did make the right decision, since I was happy with the Canon 10-22mm, but I needed to stop borrowing my brothers UWA lens and get my own..
      Cartel Imagery
      Flickr
      - Canon EOS 7D x2
      - 50mm f1.4 | 11-16mm f2.8 II | 30mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8 VC/IS | 70-200mm f2.8 IS
      - Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II

2002 KJ2 Ei Diamante
      THREE-POINT-EIGHT

Comment

• Originally posted by fatmanmedi View Post
        My vote would be on the lowepro, better and more useful features., i have a number of kata and lowepro bags (not those two) and the quality of both makes are excellent it's a choice between what features there are and how useful they are to you.

fats
        Originally posted by hojo View Post
        That Lowepro bag looks pretty good, I might even look in to one... The Kata bag looks a little small, but you weren't after a big bag anyways, right?

I've finally made my decision in which UWA lens to buy, I've ordered a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 II. Decided to spend the extra few bucks and get the series 2 than the series 1. Still not sure if I did make the right decision, since I was happy with the Canon 10-22mm, but I needed to stop borrowing my brothers UWA lens and get my own..
        Thanks for the advice guys, I've decided on the Lowepro, As fats said, The Lowepro has more features, i like the security of the camera gear and the flexlibility of the bag itself.

Yeah i didn't want a huge bag, but the 22L seems perfect seeing as it fits 3-4 lenses and a pro camera, which is all i'd ever need.

In regards to the UWA, change isn't that bad is it? I personally think i'd prefer the Canon 10-22mm (I haven't shot a 11-16mm.) Only because of the versatility of the focal range. I'm not that fond of the extreme distortion brought on by having a focal length that small, So being limited to just 5mm of difference seems like a problem. One issue i've found with my 10-22 is its harder to get as sharp as my other lenses, Perhaps i'm just being retarded though.

Either way i'm sure you didn't make a bad decision Hojo, good luck with the buy, keep us informed!
        sigpic
        Flickr | My 1995 Nissan Silvia S14 Q's!

Comment

• Originally posted by hojo View Post
          nice..... haha....nah dont think you will....tokinas are awesome :P .....

on a side note.....got bitten by the gear bug again ....now trying 2 decide on whether a 70300 f4-5.6L vs A Sigma/Tamron 70200 2.8 or a 2nd hand Canon 70200 f2.8L IS mk 1......all playing around d same price range
          My Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ableong/
          My Main Page : http://www.facebook.com/ALeongPhotography?ref=hl

EOS 6D | EOS 1000D | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 | 55-250mm f4-5.6 | 24-105mm f4L | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | 70-200 F2.8 IS II
          Nissin DI622 mk2 | Kenko Extension Tubes

Comment

• Originally posted by @leong View Post
            nice..... haha....nah dont think you will....tokinas are awesome :P .....

on a side note.....got bitten by the gear bug again ....now trying 2 decide on whether a 70300 f4-5.6L vs A Sigma/Tamron 70200 2.8 or a 2nd hand Canon 70200 f2.8L IS mk 1......all playing around d same price range
            go for the current tamron 70-200 f2.8, gives you 95% of the performance of the canon 70-200 f2.8 but for a lot less.

fats

Comment

go for the current tamron 70-200 f2.8, gives you 95% of the performance of the canon 70-200 f2.8 but for a lot less.

fats
              i saw d current tamron with vc on ebay going for 1.1k from DWI for canon mount...odd tht their nikon mounts going for 2k ausd.....so tempted but im still looking at canons 70300 f4-5.6L........ canon 70200 f2.8 is 2 much of a pain as much as i would love 2 own 1 cant bring myself 2 spend that sum of money........

EOS 6D | EOS 1000D | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 | 55-250mm f4-5.6 | 24-105mm f4L | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | 70-200 F2.8 IS II

Comment

• I bought the Canon L 70-200 f2.8 IS for just under $2k (literally, JUST under- this is including express insured courier). Aust RRP was around $2600 or so (give or take) at the time I bought it. It makes sense to question the price of that lens, but the image is so crisp that I'm not upset to spend the money- in my mind, it's an investment.
                Cartel Imagery
                Flickr
                - Canon EOS 7D x2
                - 50mm f1.4 | 11-16mm f2.8 II | 30mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8 VC/IS | 70-200mm f2.8 IS

2002 KJ2 Ei Diamante
                THREE-POINT-EIGHT

Comment

• Originally posted by hojo View Post
                  I bought the Canon L 70-200 f2.8 IS for just under $2k (literally, JUST under- this is including express insured courier). Aust RRP was around $2600 or so (give or take) at the time I bought it. It makes sense to question the price of that lens, but the image is so crisp that I'm not upset to spend the money- in my mind, it's an investment.
                  is that the is2 or is1

Comment

• Originally posted by @leong View Post
                    is that the is2 or is1
                    Mine is the IS II lens. Sorry, forgot to mention... And I think I mis-priced The Aussie RRP.. Think it was closer to $3k at the time I purchased mine.
                    Cartel Imagery
                    Flickr
                    - Canon EOS 7D x2

2002 KJ2 Ei Diamante
                    THREE-POINT-EIGHT

Comment

• Just purchased a Photo Hatchback 22L, I'll let you guys know how good it is when it arrives
                      sigpic

Comment

• My camera gear

hi,

here is what i have at this time, i had a lot more gear but due to a massive fire my house and studio was distroyed, so i'm still in the process of rebuilding my gear.

Nikon MB-D12 MULTIPOWER BATTERY PACK *2
                        Nikon D800E camera body *2
                        Nikon BL-5 *2
                        Nikon EN-EL18 battery for Nikon *10
                        Nikon PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED Lens
                        Nikon PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Lens
                        Nikon AFS Nikkor 500mm f4G ED VR Lens
                        Nikon AFS Nikkor 400mm f2.8G ED VR Lens
                        Nikon AF DX Nikkor 10.5mm f 2.8 G ED Fisheye Lens
                        Nikon 20mm Nikkor f 2.8 AFD Lens
                        Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200mm F2G ED VRII Lens
                        Nikon PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D Lens
                        Nikon 14mm Nikkor f 2.8 AFD Lens
                        Zeiss 21mm f2.8 T* Distagon Lens - NIKON ZF.2
                        Zeiss 18mm f3.5 T* Distagon Lens - NIKON ZF.2
                        Zeiss 85mm f1.4 T* Planar Lens - NIKON ZF.2
                        Zeiss 28mm f2 T* Distagon Lens - NIKON ZF.2
                        Zeiss 35mm f2 T* Distagon Lens - NIKON ZF.2
                        Zeiss 25mm f2.8 T* Distagon Lens - NIKON ZF.2
                        Zeiss 50mm f1.4 T* Planar Lens - NIKON ZF.2
                        Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED Lens
                        Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens with TC800-1.25E ED
                        Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm F1.4G Lens
                        Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G Lens
                        Nikon AFS Nikkor 600mm f4G ED VR Lens
                        Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm F/2.8G ED VR II Lens
                        Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII Lens
                        Nikon AFS Nikkor 24-70mm f 2.8G ED Lens
                        Nikon AFS Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8G ED Lens
                        Nikon SB-910 Speedlight *2
                        SanDisk 32GB SDHC Extreme 30MBs *6
                        SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB 600x CompactFlash Card *6
                        Lowepro Pro Trekker 600AW Backpack
                        Billingham 550 Pro Camera Bag, Khaki
                        Peli Cases 1630 Transport Case with Foam with custom inserts *2
                        3 Legged Thing X5 Frank Evolution 2 Carbon Fibre Tripod with AirHed 2 *2

I'm still to rebuild my studio so i'm looking at either profoto or broncolor generators and lighting.

I've also got some video kit

Vinten VISION 100 Carbon Fiber Tripod System (Black)
                        Steadicam Scout Camera Stabilizer (V-Lock Battery Mount, Compact Vest)
                        Sony PMW-F55 CineAlta 4K Digital Cinema Camera
                        Sony DVF-EL100 OLED Viewfinder
                        Sony CineAlta 4K Six Lens Kit (PL Mount)
                        Sony BP-FL75 Olivine V Mount Battery * 10
                        Sony BC-L90 Battery Charging Station
                        Sony AXS-R5 Recorder
                        Sony AXS-CR1 USB 3.0 Card Reader
                        Sony 512GB Memory Card for AXS System *10
                        Sennheiser HD 25-1 II - Closed-Back Stereo Headphones
                        Sennheiser ew 100 ENG G3 Wireless Microphone System Combo
                        Sennheiser Deluxe Shotgun Microphone Kit and Right Angled XLR Cables
                        Pearstone NP-F975 L-Series Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 7200mAh) *6
                        OConnor Genuine Accessory Cinema Camera Bundle
                        Manfrotto #FP211 - Diffusion Filter Pack - 12x12" (30x30cm)
                        Impact Air Cushioned Light Stand, Black - 10' (3m)
                        Glidecam VistaTrack 30-36 Dual Track and Dolly Slider
                        Genaray LED-7500T 320 Bulb Variable-Color On-Camera Light
                        Canon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP PL Mount Cinema Zoom Lens

There is more to come just waiting for the studio to be rebuilt.

fats

Comment

hi,

here is what i have at this time, i had a lot more gear but due to a massive fire my house and studio was distroyed, so i'm still in the process of rebuilding my gear.....

.....There is more to come just waiting for the studio to be rebuilt.

fats
                          O_O I am speechless.
                          sigpic

Comment

O_O I am speechless.
                            +2 ITs amazing you managed to build all that up again? Im taking you had everything insured?
                            Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
                            Flickr

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

hi,

here is what i have at this time, i had a lot more gear but due to a massive fire my house and studio was distroyed, so i'm still in the process of rebuilding my gear.

fats
                              that aint a collection .....seems more like a museum of gear .....dang...hahaha....

and update.....just ordered a 70200f2.8IS2......rly hope this doesnt come and bite me in d arse the next time i go shoot a v8sc or f1 race.......70300L still in d back of my head atm

Comment

• Pentax MZ10.
                                35-90mm f/3.5

Olympus OM-2.
                                135mm f/2.8
                                50mm f/1.4
                                28mm f/2.8

Minolta XG-S.
                                50mm f/2
                                White 2009 Mazda 2 Genki
                                sigpic
                                Di-oxy-hedral-burrito-Dorito watcha-call em doors are the best. You know, the ones on that Koenigsegg thingy.
                                Don't like my taste? Get over it or put up with it.
                                Originally posted by Sgt.PinkiePie
                                Manual anything>Auto everything

Comment

Working...
                                X