Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Camera Gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatmanmedi View Post
    hi,

here is what i have at this time, i had a lot more gear but due to a massive fire my house and studio was distroyed, so i'm still in the process of rebuilding my gear.

fats
    Holy poop! That's an unbelievable collection!

Originally posted by @leong View Post

and update.....just ordered a 70200f2.8IS2......rly hope this doesnt come and bite me in d arse the next time i go shoot a v8sc or f1 race.......70300L still in d back of my head atm
    I LOVE this lens. I have found the 200mm reach a little restrictive, but IMHO but the image quality coming from this lens is insanely good to compensate for the limited reach.

Just some examples of the 70-200mm L's capabilities.

HHA Benz by J-Hojo, on Flickr

Untitled by J-Hojo, on Flickr

Untitled by J-Hojo, on Flickr
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr
    - Canon EOS 7D x2
    - 50mm f1.4 | 11-16mm f2.8 II | 30mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8 VC/IS | 70-200mm f2.8 IS
    - Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II

2002 KJ2 Ei Diamante
    THREE-POINT-EIGHT

Comment

• DSLR
      - Canon 7D
      - EF 24-105L F4 IS
      - EF 70-300L F4-5.6 IS
      - EF 50 F1.8

M4/3
      - Olympus E-P2 + VF2
      - M. Zuiko 17 F2.8
      sigpic
      Flickr - Citroën C2 VTS

Comment

• Originally posted by QuangVuong View Post
        +2 ITs amazing you managed to build all that up again? Im taking you had everything insured?
        only way that i could afford to replace all of that. close to £100k of still photo gear and mearly £200k of video and i'm still not up to where i was.

fats

Comment

• more gear has arrived at fats towers

a Sekonic C-500 Prodigi and Sekonic L758DR meters for video and studio work, i'm still to deside on what lighting to go for also need to deside on what track system as well.

fats

Comment

• I'll be borrowing a 35mm f1.8 prime for a few months from a family member, going to this years Goodwood Festival of Speed. So excited
            sigpic
            _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post
              I'll be borrowing a 35mm f1.8 prime for a few months from a family member, going to this years Goodwood Festival of Speed. So excited
              see if you can get your hands on a fisheye, you can get so close to cars there it makes for great shots, also ask for permission to get in to the cars to take shots, 8/10 times the people covering the car will say yes, it also helps to dress formally, i've taken shots of previous goodwoods and havign a suit on and being smart gets you access to cars that you would never get if you where in jeand and t-shirt.

fats

Comment

• The list is long, and slowly built up over the last four or five years...

Pentax K-5
                Pentax K-01
                Pentax DA 35mm f2.4
                Pentax DA 40mm f2.8 XS (usually on the K-01 it came with)
                Pentax FA 50mm f1.4
                Samyang 85mm f1.4
                Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
                Pentax DA* 50-135mm f2.8

Film era:

SMC Pentax 28mm f3.5, 50mm f1.4, 55mm f1.8, 100mm f4 macro, 120mm f2.8, 135mm f3.5, 200mm f4, all of which fit the digital bodies as well as film. Pentax have kept the same mount since 1975 so you can just clip the lens on, dial in the focal length for shake reduction, and get shooting. I do still shoot some film - favourite bodies are probably the Pentax K2 and KX, or the ME or MX with their motor winders.

Oh, and the Bronica ETR/ETRSi. Two bodies, three film backs, 50/75/150/200mm lenses, shoots 120 film giving 6x4.5 negatives.

Incidentally, if you have a DSLR and are looking for cheap but good lenses then see if you can get an M42 screw mount adapter. There are loads of old M42 lenses about, often for pennies. I was lucky enough to get a genuine Pentax adapter for my kit in a bundle of other stuff, which means I can use pretty much any lens they've made since the late 1950s and plenty of other brands too.
                Last edited by ValleyMonster; 11-05-2013, 10:49 PM.
                SF5 Turbo, Pentax cameras, some of the best driving roads in the world are 20mins away.

Comment

• canon eos 60D
                  18-55mm IS lens
                  55-250mm IS lens
                  50mm 1.8 prime lens
                  sigma 10-20mm HSM EX lens

plus filters, tripods etc

Comment

• The 1Ds is now gone to hopefully a good place.

Anyone need a camera bag? Ive got a Lowepro SLingshot 200AW, which Id like to get rid of. $30 and its yours! Thats less than half price for a pretty much new camera bag. There's a little bit of oxidisation on the zippers, but they still work fine.

Still has original papers

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
                    Flickr

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

• I have a Canon T4i (650D)
                      With a Canon 50mm 1.8, the 18-135, and one of my favorites, Sigma 8-16mm

Comment

The 1Ds is now gone to hopefully a good place.
                        so what's the new toy?
                        My Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ableong/
                        My Main Page : http://www.facebook.com/ALeongPhotography?ref=hl

EOS 6D | EOS 1000D | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 | 55-250mm f4-5.6 | 24-105mm f4L | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | 70-200 F2.8 IS II
                        Nissin DI622 mk2 | Kenko Extension Tubes

Comment

The 1Ds is now gone to hopefully a good place.

Anyone need a camera bag? Ive got a Lowepro SLingshot 200AW, which Id like to get rid of. $30 and its yours! Thats less than half price for a pretty much new camera bag. There's a little bit of oxidisation on the zippers, but they still work fine.

Still has original papers

Can't see the pics dude..

One of two of my 7D's is at Canon for repairs... And who'd have thought it was my newer one that's failed. Actually, the previous owner had it in for repairs prior me buying it off him for water damage. So it's back at Canon under their "Rework Warranty"- which means it should be repaired for free!
                          Cartel Imagery
                          Flickr
                          - Canon EOS 7D x2
                          - 50mm f1.4 | 11-16mm f2.8 II | 30mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8 VC/IS | 70-200mm f2.8 IS
                          - Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II

2002 KJ2 Ei Diamante
                          THREE-POINT-EIGHT

Comment

• Yeah I exceeded the 10gb bandwidth. They'll be visible on the 18th when it rolls over.

And I dunno what will be next. Having the 50D with the 24-105, 10-20, and 50mm is adequate.
                            Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
                            Flickr

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")

Comment

• Added a new Sony a65. EVF takes some getting used to.
                              Cartel Imagery
                              Flickr

Nikon D7000
                              Nikon 35mm
                              Tokina 11-16mm
                              Nikon 55-300mm
                              Tamron 70-300mm

Comment

• What's an EVF like to use?

I bought a Pentax K-01 a few months ago, there are still a few deals about on them (get the DA40 XS lens rather than the zoom, it's much better). It uses the same sensor and batteries as their K-5 but a live view LCD and no viewfinder.

I know "proper" photographers regard such things as toys for amateurs but it actually has a few benefits. I find that it makes manual focus lenses much easier to use and it's great for shooting at low angles without having to lie in the mud. You can see your focus point moving fore and aft in a scene with faster lenses, for example. I've never been able to see that level of detail in a viewfinder.

Sure, it's not as good as a viewfinder on very sunny days and it's not as good for action photography or longer lenses (why I also have the K-5, also that's weather sealed which the K-01 isn't) but I'm happy with it as a second body/take-it-everywhere camera. Pentax have a large back catalogue of small, fast prime lenses which suit it perfectly.
                                SF5 Turbo, Pentax cameras, some of the best driving roads in the world are 20mins away.

Comment

Working...
                                X