Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Camera Gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D is basically the best Canon crop. Good video and good AF.

Equivalent from Nikon would be a D300s. And maybe the D7000. If youre gonna spend about that much on a camera, may as well save up a little more, and just get yourself a full frame.
    Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
    Flickr

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Comment

D7000's full frame and can handle higher ISO way better.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by MOOG
      RS Liberty is an option but they are old and shit.
      Originally posted by TomBrulinski
      mate, have you seen it? hahaha I bet $1000 the half cut is going on the 180sx.

Comment

Wrong there buddy. D700, D800, D3, and D4 are full frames.

D7000 feels too small and light. Thats why a D300s would be the equiv from Nikon.
        Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
        Flickr

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by QuangVuong View Post
          Wrong there buddy. D700, D800, D3, and D4 are full frames.

D7000 feels too small and light. Thats why a D300s would be the equiv from Nikon.
          Wrong one whoops! the sensor is still bigger though, and they are almost the same price. I have a Canon 60d and if i was going to upgrade to something in the $1000-1500 range I'd get a D7000.
          sigpic

Comment

D300s fits in the $1500 range.

Anyway, Brucey, since youre already using Canon, may as well stick with Canon, as you can use your lenses and accessories straight from your 1100D.
            Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
            Flickr

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

I use the D300s love how it feels in my hand and all the controls are easy to get too. Only issue I believe Nikon have stopped making them in preparation for the D400

Comment

Nikon coolpix l120
                Olympus 3000
                Olympus SP560UZ
                FUJI A900
                Minolta DiMAGE X20
                Olympus u10D,S300D,u300D
                bunch of tripods and filer's n shit
                http://forums.mightycarmods.com/group.php?groupid=30

Comment

Originally posted by Cappuccino View Post
                  I use the D300s love how it feels in my hand and all the controls are easy to get too. Only issue I believe Nikon have stopped making them in preparation for the D400
                  I sure as hell hope that they come up with a D400 soon. I really cannot wait to upgrade. I thought about upgrading to a D300s, but I thought that I might as well just wait for a D400. Oh and I actually seriously thought about the D7000 as well, but the fact that everybody already has one kinda really put me off (I know, weird of me, right?).
                  Originally posted by jmacman12
                  RLD_evoIX you have good taste
                  Rodney is the name, Evo IX is the Dream

Comment

D300s fits in the $1500 range.

Anyway, Brucey, since youre already using Canon, may as well stick with Canon, as you can use your lenses and accessories straight from your 1100D.
                    This was also my thought, but i only have the 50mm 1.8 MkII and the twin kit lenses, Is the 7D a fullframe? I would consider a nikon, but would really need some persuasion, because i don't know much about them :S
                    sigpic
                    Flickr | My 1995 Nissan Silvia S14 Q's!

Comment

Originally posted by Brucey View Post
                      This was also my thought, but i only have the 50mm 1.8 MkII and the twin kit lenses, Is the 7D a fullframe? I would consider a nikon, but would really need some persuasion, because i don't know much about them :S
                      7d is not a full frame, it has the same sensor as all the newer Canon beginner and enthusiast DSLR(not sure about 1000/1100d).
                      sigpic

Comment

No not full frame. As Ive stated before, its the best Canon crop so far. Even if its 3 lenses, its better than having no Nikon lenses. Buying a 7D body(no lenses) of DWI is about $1500 with free postage to you. Thats it, youre good to go since youve got the 3 around.
                        Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
                        Flickr

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

Comment

No not full frame. As Ive stated before, its the best Canon crop so far. Even if its 3 lenses, its better than having no Nikon lenses. Buying a 7D body(no lenses) of DWI is about $1500 with free postage to you. Thats it, youre good to go since youve got the 3 around.
                          Hmm good point, Its $1800 here for just the body. Was talking to my Gf's Dad (does photography in spare time, won heaps of awards) He reckons i should just get a L series lens and save up and get the 5D MkII so i dont waste money on something thats not a full frame. Thoughts?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hmm good point, Its $1800 here for just the body. Was talking to my Gf's Dad (does photography in spare time, won heaps of awards) He reckons i should just get a L series lens and save up and get the 5D MkII so i dont waste money on something thats not a full frame. Thoughts?
                            5DMkIII is out soon, i think. He is right though, L lenses are the best and crop sensor cameras feel like shit once you've used a full frame, well for me it is.
                            sigpic

Comment

5D Mark III is coming out but that means the 5D2 will be going down in price. Although, Id say the 5D2 is a little let down in the AF system. It has 9 or something low AF points. The 5D3 addresses these issues with the AF system like in the 7D.

L lenses are big money. Id go for a 24-105mm f4L which is about $900. Best value, and good range. Im gonna pick one up later on when I have money again.
                              Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
                              Flickr

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by OPTIMUS PRIME View Post
                                5DMkIII is out soon, i think. He is right though, L lenses are the best and crop sensor cameras feel like shit once you've used a full frame, well for me it is.
                                Yeah, i think ill get an L lens, and then just save for the 5D. Theres no point in spending $1800 on a 7D then spending more money later on for a 5D. Thanks for the help

5D Mark III is coming out but that means the 5D2 will be going down in price. Although, Id say the 5D2 is a little let down in the AF system. It has 9 or something low AF points. The 5D3 addresses these issues with the AF system like in the 7D.

L lenses are big money. Id go for a 24-105mm f4L which is about $900. Best value, and good range. Im gonna pick one up later on when I have money again.
                                You say that but here they 5D MKIII has only affected the price of the 7D in NZ -.- Thank god im moving to Syd next year, the prices there seem fairly good. Even with the let down of the AF, it is still a good camera isn't it? I had a look at L Lenses last night, and talked to my GF's dad about them he suggested what you did which was the 24-105, Unbelieveably they are $1980 or something ridiculous at the camera shop here! Wheres the best place to pick one up? Ebay have them around $900ish, shops in NSW are around $1500ish. Why did i have to love something so expensive -.-
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X