Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emails to Hotmail accounts not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails to Hotmail accounts not working

hi guys, had an issue with out mailserver where hotmail is blocking emails, so it means you won't be getting forum replies etc...

should be sorted within the next day or two.
    Love MCM? Want to help support the show? Check out the MCM Shop and get some maaaad DVD's, stickers, shirts or Magazine...

I didn't receive my email for the magazine password (my email is a hotmail account). Can I expect this email to be resent once the problem is sorted?

Cheers.

Comment

shoot us an email to [email protected]

and we'll sort it out for you, hotmail are working on the problem should be sorted soon!!
      Love MCM? Want to help support the show? Check out the MCM Shop and get some maaaad DVD's, stickers, shirts or Magazine...

Comment

Try adding "v=spf1 +a +mx -all" (without the ") to theTXT Record of your domain.

Its called sender policy framework.

Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an attempt to control forged e-mail. SPF is not directly about stopping spam – junk email. It
        is about giving domain owners a way to say which mail sources are legitimate for their domain and which ones aren't.

Just a hint. Maybe it will help. Worked for my domains perfectly, when some servers are rejecting mails.

Do you use a real SSL certificate for SMTP? Could be that hotmail rejects not authorized certificates.

Give me a hint if you need further help.
        Phil

Comment

Thanks Phil, we applied directly to hotmail and it seems all good now. Will explore those options too. Cheers

Comment

.... hate to say it but its been happening again for the last week for me :/ I don't know about anyone else though.
            sigpic
            My 1978 Honda Civic restore
            http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...restore-upgade

Comment

Yep! same again, hotmail are slightly difficult to deal with. Hence why some forums won't even let you register with hotmail accounts!

we're working on it, should be back up soon

Comment

The longer the better for me... Means less e-mails to delete!!
                2002 AU2 Fairlane Ghia - Liquid Silver.

BF Brakes - Catback exhaust - Manual - Lowered... Clean, Simple and awesomely maaaad...!

Comment

you can set notifications to one a day if you like, rather than an email for every thread

Comment

Just wondering if u guys have worked this issue out? im still not getting emails from mcm i do use Hotmail. have the same account for 12 years so i dont really feel like changing to another email now lol.

Comment

Hey guys bought the Magazine #2, but i never got the second issue, i tried sending an email to you [email protected] but only get delivery failure e-mails back, so i saw this thread and thought you guys are having problems with the hotmail?? so pm me if you can or e-mail me

Shawn
                      WALL TAP LIKE A BOSS!!!

Daily Driver - 95 Lancer Evolution 3 GSR (Under Contruction)
                      RWD Summer :P - 93 Lancer Evolution 1 MR
                      Drift Car - 92 Lancer Evolution GSR (In Development Stage)

Comment

Working...
                      X