Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another nissan..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another nissan..

hello everyone,

names Silvio, and like everyone on here...love the show!

like the title says, i am a nissan owner..but probs not the same as everyone...

introducing...Mr Broom! (the noise, not the household object...even if they have the same 0-100 speed)

its a 2005, N16 Nissan Pulsar. when i was buying my first car i had 3 options..mums, dads and mine.

mums: celica..that didnt turn out very well seeing as im 6"5 and one of the only ways i could fit was by nearly lying down.

mine: VY commodore, but i could only find a vx with my budget back then that met my criteria..and i didnt like the look of the stock standard vx.

dads: pulsar: fuel efficient...quite...non-hooning car...manual

as you know, got dads option..but i put my own twist on it. first thing i did was chuck a sub in it. now seeing as ai just bought a car, i didnt have much dough, so i got a crappy repco pro-linear sub..

it was awesome to me, cos i have never had a sub before. to spruce it up a bit..i even chucked some fluff on it, thinking it was the rage!

..it wasnt.

i saved some cash and spent the rest of it on a sound system. currently it has,
    1xalpine type r sub on 414w rms
    4xalpine type s speakers on 114w rms
    1xpdx-5 channel amp.
    aaaaaand some dynomat.

hoping to upgrade that a bit with some splits, and another type r sub, both inverted ..so in other words, bye bye boot space

seeing as this wasnt enuf to tick off my old man, i chucked a pod filter, only cos i heard it makes noise, and he HATES hoons! i did my research before i posted anything here, and saw a couple threads on pod filters..and yes..i have done it wrong..BUT! dont fret, i will put a case around it when im on holidays in a month

also...who said you cant hoon in a FWD!

anywho, hello
    Parallel lines have got so much in common. It's a shame they'll never meet.

IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD

My N16

'how-to' de-badge your car

Hey and welcome!

lol good to see another N16 here. mines bog stock tho, not really worth showing.

any questions just fire away

Comment

hey, we all gotta start somewhere, and whilst on p's...not much to work with

ever since i found out that a gtir engine car fit in a N16...i have wanted to do it, so thats what im currently saving up for..on the side.....somewhere near my last priority :P

i saw this a while ago, and if you know of how i can get it to be similar to this (performance wise) it would be

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...owtopic=599898

i was thinking of calling the guy, but might be wierd saying, "hey..i randomly found you on the internet, and i like your car..wanna tell me bout it?"

My N16

Comment

We like Pulsars here at MCM. Welcome. They're a great bunch here ad very helpful.

Moog
        MCM MAGAZINE ISSUE 5 OUT NOW. Have you got a copy yet? Mighty Car Mods Magazine

Comment

is it just me, or does anyone else get a sense of accomplishment in life, when someone famous talks to you? this is MAAADD!

My N16

Comment

does this count..?

i had to use oven cleaner to weaken it lol.

but thank you for the welcomes

and the reason i didnt put dirty pics up is cos, you wouldnt go to a job interview with a dirty suit now would you :P
            Last edited by BiH-PULSAR; 11-05-2011, 03:24 AM. Reason: forgot to add it in

My N16

Comment

BiH-PULSAR I think we might have something in common.. O.o
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BiH-PULSAR View Post
                hey, we all gotta start somewhere, and whilst on p's...not much to work with

ever since i found out that a gtir engine car fit in a N16...i have wanted to do it, so thats what im currently saving up for..on the side.....somewhere near my last priority :P

i saw this a while ago, and if you know of how i can get it to be similar to this (performance wise) it would be

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...owtopic=599898

i was thinking of calling the guy, but might be wierd saying, "hey..i randomly found you on the internet, and i like your car..wanna tell me bout it?"
                If ever get an SR20 from a GTIR into a N16 that would be awwwwesome. It would make a good sleeper for sure

Comment

I think the inside of my rims are still dirtier.. :P But welcome man, N16's aren't "that" bad, some simple cosmetic mods would get it looking good, just not like one of my managers who has a full bodykit on his N16 :\

Again, welcome!!

Comment

Hey & welcome! Clena car and tasteful mods!

With your mums celica, is it a 7th gen like mine? I could imagine you would'nt fit in it quite well. I'm 17 nd 6 foot and i'm pushing it. I'll have to say bye bye in another few years if i get any taller i reckon.

Anyways, welcome & enjoy your stay! We're a friendly bunch!

PS: How'd you get the fur on that sub?
                    Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
                    MR CELICAS TOY!
                    MrCelicas Family rides!
                    Originally posted by Rake
                    MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

BiH-PULSAR I think we might have something in common.. O.o
                      ahhh sheeetttt lol. odakle si?

If ever get an SR20 from a GTIR into a N16 that would be awwwwesome. It would make a good sleeper for sure
                      yeh, imagine pulling upto next to a n16..and thinking, "oh yeh, this guy...psh" then...BANG! i win..the dream lol.

i chucked some chrome interior trim in between the crevases of my glove box and door trim, and gave it a bit of a luxury look about it. i will only put a body kit on it, if it deserves on. no point in putting it on, and giving not only others, but myself a false sense of mind :P. but thanks! keep up with the brake dust

yeh it was a 7th gen. its a beautiful car, but yeh..couldnt fit i can fit in the back of one wierdly tho :S. as for the fur, i went to spot light and saw a 1mx1m square for $8 or so, so i bought it, traced a 12" circle, where it would sit, and chucked some velcro strips on the back..the velcro is a ***** to take off tho..now my girlfriend has my reject sub with pointless velcro on it lol

My N16

Comment

There has been a SR20DET -> N16 conversion done before, but it looked like alot of work, engine mounts being one of the more annoying points to worry about, then it was the wiring up of the car, Drivetrain e.t.c. its not a bolt in conversion.

The link that you have of the White N16 is a QG18DE+T conversion. its probably going to be your best route. off the top of my head you would only need something like a T28 turbo ( its off a GTiR) or failing that, a T25. or whatever gregor was running on that car
                        with the QG18DE you can run about 6psi safely on the standard internals and ECU. any more than that and you'll need bigger injectors and a re-tune of the ECU.
                        Last edited by liger_zero9999; 12-05-2011, 01:45 AM.
                        Want some Japanese license plates for your JDM ride? check the FS section! Here

Japan 2008 Trip : Totally worth it
                        Japan 2009 Trip : Never going to forget the memories
                        Australia 2010: Importing Nissan V35 350GT Skyline Complete
                        Japan 2011: November -> December 2011 complete
                        Japan 2012: June -> Organising Visa

Comment

wow. thanks for the info! i was only informed that you can get a half cut for a couple grand and that it will "most likely" just fit in lol. thanks for the info again!

My N16

Comment

yeah, not a bolt in conversion i'm affraid. if you had a N15 SSS or a N14 SSS it would be a completly diffrent story.

But if you do go down the SR20DET route. do let me know. i have some things here that will make it a bit more un-driveable
                            Want some Japanese license plates for your JDM ride? check the FS section! Here

Japan 2008 Trip : Totally worth it
                            Japan 2009 Trip : Never going to forget the memories
                            Australia 2010: Importing Nissan V35 350GT Skyline Complete
                            Japan 2011: November -> December 2011 complete
                            Japan 2012: June -> Organising Visa

Comment

i think i might go with the QG now that you mention it.

what you mean by...un-driveable?

My N16

Comment

Working...
                              X