Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A guy from the States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guy from the States

What's up guys? I've been subscribed to MCM's youtube for a WHILE now and love it so i finally decided to join their forums...

I currently drive a 2000 Chevrolet Camaro V6 (sadly) that is a Manual 5 spd. I'm only turning 18 soon so it is my first car but it is a blast to drive. I prefer gear shift in hand as opposed to dumb flappy paddles and whatever else they are producing nowadays. Heres a few of my car (please excuse how dirty it is, these were taking in the middle of winter and i haven't had time to shoot more pictures) :

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/a...100_1664-1.jpg

looks like a cool first car and welcome to the forum it's really amazing here.
    Another Quality post from Hayden
    Have my P's, now what do I count down to?
    Originally posted by ADowbs
    In Volvo, we do trust.
    My Boat: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...s-BF-SR-Falcon

Comment

Hey fellow newby to the forum ive only been here few days and i love it so im sure you will too
      I like to make car noises, WITH MY FACE!!
      sigpic

Comment

And then there were two...

Welcome! We have the same car, 3.8L/5MT

Comment

Originally posted by ADowbs View Post
          And then there were two...

Welcome! We have the same car, 3.8L/5MT

Quality Man! I love the color. Is that around a 1997 since it is the older front end but 3800 series II engine? Are you on camaroforums.com ?

Comment

Nice Camaro, I like the Corvette in your pictures too xD

And is that the test driver for Top Gear as your profile picture?
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredshurtleff12photos/

Comment

Welcome.
              Are those MD plates? I live near Towson (North of Baltimore) when I am not at school in upstate NY. Where about are you from?
              Originally posted by MOOG
              Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
              Originally posted by Jenga
              You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by the jank View Post
                Quality Man! I love the color. Is that around a 1997 since it is the older front end but 3800 series II engine? Are you on camaroforums.com ?
                Thanks! I've always been partial to black cars, oddly enough, so same to you This is actually the first car I've owned with any colour haha, it was originally red and resprayed at some point in it's life. It's almost the factory "Medium Quasar Blue" but with a bit more metal flake mixed in, it appears. When my car was at the shop and fell off the lift (long story, first time in 28 years it ever happened at the shop too =/) it had to have a custom mix in order to match the bumper/rocker that was crushed after trying the factory colour.

Edit: It is a 1996, forgot to answer that part

Originally posted by Shurtleff-Nissan View Post
                Yes, that is the man formerly both Perry McCarthy and Ben Collins, currently Stig III.
                Last edited by ADowbs; 21-08-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Welcome, I'm a bit north of you in PA (Harrisburg area)

Comment

Originally posted by Shurtleff-Nissan View Post
                    Nice Camaro, I like the Corvette in your pictures too xD

Yes, it's my dad's daily driver...I've only driven it a couple of times though. And yeah, it's the almighty Stig...I think the picture is sick so I use it on all my forum profiles.

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                    Welcome.
                    Are those MD plates? I live near Towson (North of Baltimore) when I am not at school in upstate NY. Where about are you from?
                    Yep they are Maryland plates. I'm from the Annapolis area and I know about Towson. You go to RIT? It's a awesome academic school from what I've heard.

Originally posted by ADowbs View Post
                    Thanks! I've always been partial to black cars, oddly enough, so same to you This is actually the first car I've owned with any colour haha, it was originally red and resprayed at some point in it's life. It's almost the factory "Medium Quasar Blue" but with a bit more metal flake mixed in, it appears. When my car was at the shop and fell off the lift (long story, first time in 28 years it ever happened at the shop too =/) it had to have a custom mix in order to match the bumper/rocker that was crushed after trying the factory colour.

Edit: It is a 1996, forgot to answer that part
                    Are you a member on camaroforums.com ? It's an f-body forum. You should join if you aren't cause there is some real knowledgeable people on it.

Comment

Annapolis is a nice place, I have family there. Nice car too...forgot to mention that. lol I actually wanted an F body but it was way out of my budget for the condition I wanted it in, and the LS1 I wanted in it...but maybe some day one will be mine. Ended up buying a college runabout/snow car instead (Eagle Talon TSi AWD)
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                      Originally posted by Jenga
                      You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                        Annapolis is a nice place, I have family there. Nice car too...forgot to mention that. lol I actually wanted an F body but it was way out of my budget for the condition I wanted it in, and the LS1 I wanted in it...but maybe some day one will be mine. Ended up buying a college runabout/snow car instead (Eagle Talon TSi AWD)
                        Yeah I love Annapolis. And HEY, the Talon TSi has a lot of potential. I actually think it would be a really fun car to have.

Comment

Originally posted by the jank View Post
                          Yes, it's my dad's daily driver...I've only driven it a couple of times though. And yeah, it's the almighty Stig...I think the picture is sick so I use it on all my forum profiles.

Yep they are Maryland plates. I'm from the Annapolis area and I know about Towson. You go to RIT? It's a awesome academic school from what I've heard.

Are you a member on camaroforums.com ? It's an f-body forum. You should join if you aren't cause there is some real knowledgeable people on it.
                          I'm not a member there (or am I? Don't remember actually) but I do frequent camaroforums/LS1Tech/LS1LT1/etc when looking for info pertaining to my car. Nothing better than platform specific forums.

Comment

Working...
                          X