Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brought Miss Daisy from sleeper eps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brought Miss Daisy from sleeper eps

Hi new to the forum have watched the show and enjoying having a Aussie show, few months back i cam across miss daisy for sale but the nice ej25 the boys built was no longer in it so i snapped it up and now im going to make it legal and drop a ej20 sti motor in her, im a first time VW beetle owner so any suggestions to get her to handle would be much appreciated just want to make it handle well and be bad ass fast with the granny-spec look, just how the boys intended.

What a score, I kinda assumed they hung on to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Daisy owner View Post
      Hi new to the forum have watched the show and enjoying having a Aussie show, few months back i cam across miss daisy for sale but the nice ej25 the boys built was no longer in it so i snapped it up and now im going to make it legal and drop a ej20 sti motor in her, im a first time VW beetle owner so any suggestions to get her to handle would be much appreciated just want to make it handle well and be bad ass fast with the granny-spec look, just how the boys intended.
      street slicks would getter even faster
      classics all the way

Comment

Scored man - nice buy.

Comment

Sleeper until they hear the EJ25...

Comment

Yeah i was very surprised when i worked out it was the car from the MCM show as it was not mentioned in add once i confirmed it was Daisy i did all i could do to get the money togeather and convince the wife it was a good idea lol, some gripper tires is on the shopping list also make wheels wider up front and brake and suspension upgrades and most of all a ej207 to make it legal just to nane a few would appreciate any advice for beetle guys on best suspension without going full coil over unless it can he done cheap and also opinions from subaru guys on my best bang for buck on motor im thinking ej207 has to be under 2.2liter to be legal
            Last edited by Miss Daisy owner; 27-03-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Awesome pick up. Kind of Jealous! Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Daisy owner View Post
                Yeah i was very surprised when i worked out it was the car from the MCM show as it was not mentioned in add once i confirmed it was Daisy i did all i could do to get the money togeather and convince the wife it was a good idea lol, some gripper tires is on the shopping list also make wheels wider up front and brake and suspension upgrades and most of all a ej207 to make it legal just to nane a few would appreciate any advice for beetle guys on best suspension without going full coil over unless it can he done cheap and also opinions from subaru guys on my best bang for buck on motor im thinking ej207 has to be under 2.2liter to be legal
                Funny I was just watching the last episode (Mira build part 5) and noticed Daisy's EJ25 hanging from an engine hoist in the background and thinking "wonder what they did with the car..." now I know!
                I live my life a quarter mole at a time. Nothing else matters: not the volume, not the temperature, not the lab and all it's bullshit. For those 1.5055 x 10^23 molecules or slightly more, I'm accurate.

Comment

Right on!!! That is sooo cool!!!

Comment

Awesome, nice find! Would love to see your build once it's started.

Comment

Dude, you gotta do a build log!

This car is too awesome not to have a great story around it.
                      not only do you have provenance for the cars history, but if you do a build log, you'll have something to look back on and appreciate the work you've done!
                      Car List:
                      1996 Isuzu MU 3.1 Litre Turbo Diesel (4JG2)

Yeah... Thats about it..

Comment

Is it still a sleeper if everybody knows whats in it? XD Nice buy M8.
                        1991 Bronco Eddie Bauer ~ 351w EFI 5.8 (5752cc) ~ E4OD ~ BW1356 (Manual) ~ Manual Hub{s} ~ 265/75 r15

http://i.imgur.com/ab0M4uq.png

Comment

Originally posted by Darkus505 View Post
                          Dude, you gotta do a build log!

This car is too awesome not to have a great story around it.
                          not only do you have provenance for the cars history, but if you do a build log, you'll have something to look back on and appreciate the work you've done!
                          Will start up a build thead when i start at the moment im just collecting parts for build due to not having much time to put in it at the moment as im still racing speedway legend cars once i sell up the time to build will free up

Comment

WOW, much work to get the motor back in it? and where did you find it for sale?

Comment

Not to much to do to get motor ack in just saving up to buy a ej207t motor every thing is there just needs motor and water to air intercooler set up. I found it forsale on a facebook site was not mentioned in add as being miss Daisy but didn't take much to work out it was her

Comment

Working...
                              X