Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiya from New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncannychris
    replied
    For now, probably not. Unfortunately the track near me banned all drift events and their auto-x is just okay in terms of quality for what you're paying. I have lots of gorgeous roads to drive around on the weekends however.

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    Welcome to the MCM forums mate!

Will you be using the car for any motorsport?

Leave a comment:

• uncannychris
    started a topic Hiya from New York

Hiya from New York

Hey all!

I've lurked MCM for way too long and now that I've got a car of my own, it's time to take part in the community!

About 4 weeks ago I picked up this near bone-stock '92 240SX Convertible. It's a personal unicorn car so I had to empty the wallet for it once it came up on Craigslist.

The previous owner installed a welded diff (gave the stock open one so that's nice) and did a great job on a manual swap. I plan to keep it as clean as possible. Don't want over fenders, don't need a turbo, don't need a bodykit or any of the sorts. These cars are few and far between nowadays, so keeping it clean will make it worth its while IMO.

Things I do want to do to it however:
    • Roll cage for safety and rigidity
    • Pearl white paint
    • Clean engine bay
    • Exhaust/headers. NO FART CAN. More for aesthetics and breathing. I want noise, but nothing stupid loud.
    • Wheels/tires of course
    • Coilovers. These stock shocks ride like a boat.
    If you have any tips/tricks, please let me know! Nice to be apart of the community finally. Have a good one!
    Last edited by uncannychris; 08-01-2019, 02:18 AM.
Working...
X