Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finnish, owner of a japanese imported Altezza RS200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnish, owner of a japanese imported Altezza RS200

Hello everyone!
    I'm a 20 year old guy living Vantaa Finland. I'm working as a aircraft mech with A330s and A350s (cabin seats for now), and a proud new owner of a Toyota Altezza RS200.
    Bought it after test driving monday 11.3.2019, and now it's still in the shop for finnish registeration, Coilover install (i got a aftermarket package for it that had BC Racing V1 coilovers, as well as
    Japan Racing JR3 rims and new summer tires),and a official inspection to mark the new suspension to registeration to make it legal for road use.

The car is stock, with the exception of a intake filter (HKS style mushroom filer, as well as an exhaust), and the coilovers.
    My last car was a 2003 Volkswagen Golf mk4 TDi 2-door manual that had around 150hp, so i'm excited about the new car. Also, in finland we drive on the right side of the road, and the Altezza is RHD. So that's new aswell.
    I'm getting the keys 31.3.2019, if not before, so if there is any meets in southern Finland, i'll try to be there

The car is White, it has the 3S-GE engine (as all non engine swapped RS200s), 6-speed manual transmission, as well as a torsen Diff. RWD, RHD, with something awesome
    A Minidisk player. We don't really have those in Finland nowadays (i think last i saw one of those was my granddads old Nissan Patrol).

If anyone has any knowledge of what to keep an eye out on one of these, and what are the common faults, i'd appreciate that. Only thing i found with searching was A/C as well as start up problems.

Thanks for reading, and Happy Cruising.
    PS. there should be a snowy picture as well as interior pic below, or above, or somewhere. More pictures will be coming as i get my car and manage to take pictures.
    also, there will be more images on my instagram, rs_altezza.

edit. some spelling errors
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forums man

Nice Altezza you have, I suppose you'll already be aware of rust problems living in an area with lots of snow and damp weather!

What is Finland like for modifications on cars with the Authorities?
    I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Welcome! That is nice!

Comment

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
        Welcome to the forums man

Nice Altezza you have, I suppose you'll already be aware of rust problems living in an area with lots of snow and damp weather!

What is Finland like for modifications on cars with the Authorities?
        Thanks. Yes it's a typical 90s japanese with the rust, but this one has been rustproofed (kinda painted the underbody so it doesn't rust as easily.
        Finland is pretty strict. engine swaps, turboing, everything is illegal. You can't get them registered unless the car has been made with a turbo engine from the factory (so a IS300 with 2JZ-GE can be turboed or swapped to 2JZ-GTE, since it has been made from the factory

Comment

That's not so bad, so you could engine swap it with any engine that would be available from the factory in that car?
          I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Originally posted by RS_Altezza View Post

Finland is pretty strict. engine swaps, turboing, everything is illegal.
            That is complete utter bs.

"ajoneuvoon vaihdettavan vertailumoottoreita tehokkaamman moottorin teho on korkeintaan 20 % suurempi kuin tehokkaimman vertailumoottorin teho saman normin mukaan mitattuna"

So you can change engine, but it can't have more than 20% more hp than the most powerful engine on that same car model.

Moottorin vaihtoon rinnastetaan myös:
            (things that are also counted as engine swap)
            ahtimen tai ahtoilman jäähdyttimen asentaminen tai ahtimella varustetun moottorin muuttaminen.
            (Installing turbo/pro/- or super charger or intercooler or altering engine equipped with some sort of forced induction.)

So yes rules are strict but you can install turbo on a non turbo car, even if there is no equivalent turbo model, as long as it doesn't have more than 20% more hp. And this is relatively easy thing to do as you can dyno that car with low boost pressure. Also then there is these Kw/mass rules also.

I know lot of engine swaps that are "illegal" just because no one told about that engine swap in inspection, me included have car with that kind of engine. My friend has a car that is inspected with ~ 7L engine, now it will have 10L engine and no he wont say a word that it has ridiculous bore and stroke in that engine. Also that car is street legal with a chute, drag tires with DOT stamp and huge drag wing on the back. There is shit-ton of street legal or "relatively" street legal cars on the roads that are totally bonkers and packed with high hp engines.
            1990 Chevrolet Chevy van G20

1984 Ratty Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

[QUOTE=SBC;n802435]

That is complete utter bs.

"ajoneuvoon vaihdettavan vertailumoottoreita tehokkaamman moottorin teho on korkeintaan 20 % suurempi kuin tehokkaimman vertailumoottorin teho saman normin mukaan mitattuna"

So you can change engine, but it can't have more than 20% more hp than the most powerful engine on that same car model.

Moottorin vaihtoon rinnastetaan myös:
              (things that are also counted as engine swap)
              ahtimen tai ahtoilman jäähdyttimen asentaminen tai ahtimella varustetun moottorin muuttaminen.
              (Installing turbo/pro/- or super charger or intercooler or altering engine equipped with some sort of forced induction.)

So yes rules are strict but you can install turbo on a non turbo car, even if there is no equivalent turbo model, as long as it doesn't have more than 20% more hp. And this is relatively easy thing to do as you can dyno that car with low boost pressure. Also then there is these Kw/mass rules also"

Oh thanks for clearing it out for me aswell. I had understood it that it's illegal to swap a motor to something that the car wasn't made originally. And ofcourse i could swap it and not tell but the problems just start if you get caught.

Comment

Working...
              X