Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from UK

Hi all, i've been a fan of MCM for about 5 years now. Currently own a 2015 Hyundai i10 (basic econobox) with no mods other than CarPlay compatible Pioneer h/u but in the past have had 4 minis (all modified and unreliable) and will eventually get another for weekend fun (Honda engine seems like a good idea) and for scaring bigger 'better' cars.
    I make music in the Jungle/DrumNBass genre mainly using Apple gear, am a cat wrangler/whisperer in my spare time and I once saw a pope using a portaloo
    Last edited by UKMini; 15-03-2019, 10:11 AM.

Welcome to the MCM forums

Everyone loves unreliable and modified minis, I've been meaning to get myself one for a long time!
    I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

thanks bud for the welcome as for minis - if they're well maintained and/or Honda swapped they're actually pretty reliable

Comment

I’ve has a few 1275’s and a 1340. Cracking little cars and never had much issues with mine apart from rust. Get the SU’s set up right and good to go

Comment

Gasolinescream wiring has always been my enemy on minis- it's likely if no-one had 'modded' the wiring they'd probably be reliable

Comment

Hello chap! Good to see you over on here

Comment

Dagowly thank you bud

Comment

Got any photos of your minis to have a look at?
                I myself was going to purchase a 77 leyland mini panelvan, however times changed and went with something to replace the daily as it was dying and ready to give up on me. I will still look back and wish I bought it instead haha

Comment

Sadly I only have pictures of the last 1 i think (C plate Mayfair Auto) as digital cameras weren't so prevalent when i had the first 2 in early '00s (R plate Clubman 1100, H plate City) . My personal favourite was the A plate City w/ rollcage,10" revos,1275 metro engine) - having lost a few hard drives to Seagateitis all the pics i had of this are gone sadly.
                  I'd love a Mini van so I can see why you still think about it - I was offered a Wolseley Hornet for £400 in 2001 but my garage space already had a clubman in it so i didn't go for it which i'm kicking myself now

Comment

Working...
                  X