Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brindal
    replied
    welcome to the forum mate

Leave a comment:

• Shawnsrm
    replied
    Welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• Master_Scythe
    replied
    Something worth researching, is how your ECU reads manifold pressure., and the inserting a restrictor. Start with a big one, and go progressively smaller (welding tips are good as restrictors; they come in 1.3, 0.8, 0.6 mm). If the ECU is simply delayed in seeing the boost, then you may find it comes on a little sooner.

Risk already stated can it handle boost sooner?

Once you find some diagrams, I'm sure all will become clear.

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    Twin charging works well on all engines, as you've got boost provision for low and high rpm.

I'd definitely stick with the single turbo setup. I've been down the supercharging route and it's difficult to get it just right on an engine that's never been supercharged before.

An Astra has a 2.0 turbo engine and it will fit your car, they're essentially the same platform. They don't have this massive lag.

Another reason to consider, with your current engine, is boost maybe comes in later because it's safer. Adding boost at low rpm can bend rods.

For example. 20psi at 2000rpm is more likely to bend a rod than 20psi at 4000rpm because of the amount of time the rod is exposed to the higher force is shorter.

Leave a comment:

• HotRodCow
    replied
    Hi, no I don't have a boost gauge. Yet.

Another thing i thought i could do is supercharge the engine... I've heard that twin charging works well on small engines. But if i can get a 2.0 turbo in it, then maybe I can supercharge that... as long as the supercharger will fit under the bonnet.

Having done a small amount of research an Eaton M45 seems to be the best fit. But maybe you have some tips that might help me?

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    Hi Reuben welcome to the forums

It's very odd that the boost kicks in so late, do you have a gauge fitted to read the actual pressure?

A 2.0 engine would be a direct fit as they come with a 2.0 in some places.

A remap would probably sort it, but don't try to squeeze power from it, these engines arent particularly strong

Leave a comment:

• HotRodCow
    started a topic New to the forum

New to the forum

Hi my name is Reuben. I own a 2014 Holden Cruze Z series. It has a 1.6L 4cyl turbo. About the only things I've done to it is paint the wheels black and the brake calipers red for the extra 15kw. And I've just recently fitted an iDrive throttle controller. But my main concern is that the engine is drastically underpowered especially at the lower end of the rev range, because the turbo doesn't kick in until about 2.5-3k revs and you don't reach full power until nearly 4k revs. I was thinking of fitting a bigger engine but i don't know how big i can fit. Alternatively, if there is a relatively cheap way of reducing the turbo lag i would appreciate if anyone has any ideas. The main issue i have is that the engine is too small and any major increases in boost whether electronically or mechanically run the risk of blowing it up. My third option is that i buy another car.
Working...
X