Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawnsrm
    replied
    Welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• Droppym8
    replied
    Yeah the JAG! Good choice. Got an '85 xjs v12 myself but barely had her a week and the alternator gave up life.

Leave a comment:

• Master_Scythe
    replied
    Originally posted by MechroMenace View Post
    granted federally I'm not allowed to removed emissions components. but from what I understand the state won't enforce it .
    Yeah we have an on the spot $10'000 fine, if we have removed emission components.
    Luckily, very few police are qualified to know what to look for, and most end up giving you a "Go to the testing facility within X days" notice (so you have time to fix it). But if you get pulled up by Transport Compliance, and they happen to have an EPA worker with them (rare, but not unheard of), Ten grand, on the spot.

I understand why. It's not hard to keep emissions gear; hell, most you can even tune around\disable. But the damage to not just the planet, but humans (like pregnant women in the case of diesel), is HUGE.

These are the things, and the rules around them, that we're allowed to do (in QLD) in regards to modifying.
    https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/-/media/S...19_11-1218.pdf

Anything beyond that, requires a mod plate.
    A lot, IMO, has to do with our healthcare system being toally 110% free.
    For example, what risk to the public does changing your own seat have? Well, if it's not affixed properly, and it comes loose in an accident, then all of out pockets hurt, because it's our tax money keeping your broken face alive.

Leave a comment:

• MechroMenace
    replied
    Originally posted by Master_Scythe View Post

It's like a VIN plate attached by an engineer to let the cops know it's modified and inspected. Without one, if you modify outside of some pretty strict rules, they can impound your car, and your insurance will be void in the case of an accident.
    thats crazy I know in some states like California there are restrictions on modifying cars but, were I'm at in Idaho you can pretty much do anything I've seen lots of trucks where people have replaced independent suspensions on trucks with solid axles. granted federally I'm not allowed to removed emissions components. but from what I understand the state won't enforce it .

Leave a comment:

• I'm a Mad Z-Head.
    replied
    that's awesome. soon jags like yours may become valuable since Jag's CEO retired recently.

Leave a comment:

• Master_Scythe
    replied
    Originally posted by MechroMenace View Post
    Mod plates? I'm in the USA and have never heard of this what are those? also is the 350 Carburated or EFI?
    It's like a VIN plate attached by an engineer to let the cops know it's modified and inspected. Without one, if you modify outside of some pretty strict rules, they can impound your car, and your insurance will be void in the case of an accident.

Leave a comment:

• MechroMenace
    replied
    Mod plates? I'm in the USA and have never heard of this what are those? also is the 350 Carburated or EFI?

Leave a comment:

• BigBadBrad
    replied
    Hey mate,
    yeah jags are great....... to look at lol lots of electrical gremlins especially in mine. But I love it. And yeah the 350 is the easier conversion than a LS1 swap and is fairly common around Australia, but we have to pay a pretty penny for a 350 crate motor over here.
    I had a series 3 xj6 before this one with plans to do the conversion myself but found it was cheaper to buy this one already done.

Leave a comment:

• MHR1294
    replied
    Welcome mate

Jags are brilliant, 350 is a real popular swap in the US, is it common in aus as well then?

Leave a comment:

• BigBadBrad
    started a topic My introduction

My introduction

Hey everyone,
    I'm BIGBADBRAD and I'm currently living in Brisbane, I'm a Diesel Mechanic by trade but I'm currently out of action due to a recent knee surgery that has allowed me time to watch almost every episode of MCM
    My daily drive is an old reliable diesel Mitsubishi triton 2.8L that I've had almost 9 years with no major issues.
    My project car is an old Jaguar XJ6 with a 350 chev pushing it along that I've had for about 5 years. It's mod plated and registered but no longer in a road worthy condition. Once my leg gets better I hope to fix it up this year and do some mods to it
    hope everyone is doing well during these tough times.
    cheers
Working...
X