Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello every one,

I am trob from England, I have a Subaru Wrx 2004 which I love but the alarm / immobiliser is driving me insane. I recently watched MCM and they mentioned the same issue they are experiencing with theirs. So hopefully this forum can point me in the right direction. I just want to rip it all out, is there any guides etc ?

HOOOOOO boy, it's a BIG job.
    Those Brandt alarms are like.....5 point immobilizers?

It's not actually inherently tricky (as in, brain power) it's just difficult (as in, physically).

All the alarm system is, is a bunch of NO (normally open) relays, which switch to NC when you put in your code or.... whatever.
    Basically, they're just 'cutting wires'.
    As such, the removal is that 'simple', you go into the control module, see where each half is, and re-join them.
    Immobilizers weren't designed to make cars unstealable in the 90's\00's, just take too long to hotwire, to be reasonable.
    The difficult part, is that those alarms use ALL black wires, so it's not as simple as 'red to red, blue to blue', you need to trace those black wires back to where they splice into the loom, and then either replace the whole wire run, or LABEL the black wires VERY CLEARLY, and join them.

As I said, if you've done basic car wiring before, it's actually mentally simple, it's just physically a hell of a chore.

IF they've done it the simple way;
    https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manu...alarm-removal/
    That's your removal instructions.
    If someone though they were boss, and wanted to make it 'unstealable', well, all I can say is have a spare car, a good multimeter, some tunes, and a 6 pack of drinks.

Comment

Hey mate, welcome to the forums
      I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Scythe View Post
        HOOOOOO boy, it's a BIG job.
        Those Brandt alarms are like.....5 point immobilizers?

It's not actually inherently tricky (as in, brain power) it's just difficult (as in, physically).

All the alarm system is, is a bunch of NO (normally open) relays, which switch to NC when you put in your code or.... whatever.
        Basically, they're just 'cutting wires'.
        As such, the removal is that 'simple', you go into the control module, see where each half is, and re-join them.
        Immobilizers weren't designed to make cars unstealable in the 90's\00's, just take too long to hotwire, to be reasonable.
        The difficult part, is that those alarms use ALL black wires, so it's not as simple as 'red to red, blue to blue', you need to trace those black wires back to where they splice into the loom, and then either replace the whole wire run, or LABEL the black wires VERY CLEARLY, and join them.

As I said, if you've done basic car wiring before, it's actually mentally simple, it's just physically a hell of a chore.

IF they've done it the simple way;
        https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manu...alarm-removal/
        That's your removal instructions.
        If someone though they were boss, and wanted to make it 'unstealable', well, all I can say is have a spare car, a good multimeter, some tunes, and a 6 pack of drinks.
        So is it best just to rip it all out buy a haltech ECU and loom?

Comment

Depends if you have excess cash, or excess time.

Both are easily doable, just depends if you want to spend time removing it, or cash replacing it.

Comment

Working...
          X