Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone. Just bought a 1994 Nissan 100NX after seeing it on the show :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone. Just bought a 1994 Nissan 100NX after seeing it on the show :D

Hi everyone,

I have been watching the show for a long time now. I am a big fan of 90s japanese cars and when MCM released a video with the 100 NX/ NX Coupe, I couldn't believe that I had never seen that car before. There is something about it that just stuck with me. I decided to look it up, found one in decent condition and eventually bought it. This 100 NX doesn't have the T-top roof and it has the 1.6 L GA16DE engine which runs pretty well. The exterior shows the car's age with plenty of scratches and dents. I bought it as a sort of a project to learn about fixing cars on my own.

I already have a list of issues that I need to fix such as:
    • Boot/truck not open with the key because the lock wouldn't turn either way. And the handle doesn't work properly either. One has to hold it up while someone else lifts the trunk.
    • The tachometer/rev counter occasionally goes haywire while driving and even switches off randomly sometimes. Not sure what's wrong there.
    • The seat belt doesn't rollback at all. I've looked this up and apparently giving the seat belts a good cleaning may solve that so I will try that out.
    • The stereo works but moving it slightly causes it to disconnect. I think I just need to replace it completely.
    • Seats and cloth trims inside are pretty stained and dirty so just need to get some cleaning supplies to sort that out.
    • Windows get fogged back as it is getting pretty cold which is annoying to drive with so if anyone has some tips on how to fix that, it would be great.
    If there are any other NX owners out there, give me a shout. I would love to hear some tips and tricks about the car including basic modifications I can do on my own
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Welcome to the MCM forums and congratulations on your new car!!

Have fun tidying it up and enjoying many miles driving it!

Comment

Nice! Welcome.

Fogging?

That's a moisture thing. Usually it's things like tail light seals, 'breather flaps' (holes that let you close the doors with windows up), hatch seals, etc etc.
      - First get some non-hardening gasket sealer, and re-seal those tallights (please get non-hardening... nobody wants glued in taillights :P)
      - Next remove the seals from the hatch and doors, and apply a 2 layers of cloth-tape (or whatever the thickest tape is you can buy thats cheap). Then reinstall the seals. That 1mm of extra bulk might not seem like much, but old seals shrink and it can be just the right amount. Any tears can be fixed with cheap 'superglue'. Also, silicone spray the seals too (silicone adds elastic properties back to rubber).

See how you go from there

There's also things you normally put in your house that absorb moisture; they look like this:

Once the seals are expanded and tail lights sealed, put a couple of those in the car overnight and be amazed how much water is in there.

Comment

Welcome to the MCM forums.

You got an uncommon one. I know some people with the targa-top one, but I have never seen one without it.

There are several model specific forums, but neither of them are in english.

You got Nissan 100NX Club (dutch), 100NX squad (polish) and NXPower (french).

With some effort, and the help of Google Translator, you can find some good fixes and mods there.

There is, anyways, a common mod I can think of, which is the replacement of the stock headlights for the Golf 3 projector headlights (spanish, sorry). They fit somewhat in the space of the NX headlights, but you got to cut a little of the headlight frame.
        Last edited by Kullman; 26-10-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaktus View Post
          Welcome to the MCM forums and congratulations on your new car!!

Have fun tidying it up and enjoying many miles driving it!
          Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Scythe View Post
            Nice! Welcome.

Fogging?

That's a moisture thing. Usually it's things like tail light seals, 'breather flaps' (holes that let you close the doors with windows up), hatch seals, etc etc.
            - First get some non-hardening gasket sealer, and re-seal those tallights (please get non-hardening... nobody wants glued in taillights :P)
            - Next remove the seals from the hatch and doors, and apply a 2 layers of cloth-tape (or whatever the thickest tape is you can buy thats cheap). Then reinstall the seals. That 1mm of extra bulk might not seem like much, but old seals shrink and it can be just the right amount. Any tears can be fixed with cheap 'superglue'. Also, silicone spray the seals too (silicone adds elastic properties back to rubber).

See how you go from there

There's also things you normally put in your house that absorb moisture; they look like this:

Once the seals are expanded and tail lights sealed, put a couple of those in the car overnight and be amazed how much water is in there.
            Thanks for the tip about using cloth-tape to help with the seals! I wouldn't have thought of that. There is a visible gap between the seal and the windows so I will definitely give it a shot when I find some good think tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Kullman View Post
              Welcome to the MCM forums.

You got an uncommon one. I know some people with the targa-top one, but I have never seen one without it.

There are several model specific forums, but neither of them are in english.

You got Nissan 100NX Club (dutch), 100NX squad (polish) and NXPower (french).

With some effort, and the help of Google Translator, you can find some good fixes and mods there.

There is, anyways, a common mod I can think of, which is the replacement of the stock headlights for the Golf 3 projector headlights (spanish, sorry). They fit somewhat in the space of the NX headlights, but you got to cut a little of the headlight frame.
              Hahaha yeah I guess it makes the car even more rare than it is. I honestly wanted the targa-top one too but this is the only one that popped up when I looked for a 100 NX. And thanks for the links! I just want to make it reliable and comfortable first because it is my only car so I won't go crazy with mods yet but I am very interested in finding out what is possible with this car

Comment

Working...
              X