Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This FPV drone thing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My drone might be dead already. After flying it the last time I left it for a week. Wanted to fly it again so put it to charge, after it was finished charging I went flying but it doesn't have enough power to get of the ground and the LED on the drone indicates that the battery is empty. When I put it on the charger after trying to get it into the air it will charge for a while, then indicate its full and then not have enough power to fly

Comment

Change out the battery ALIEXPRESS is your friend. Find out the biggest one you can splice in. The batteries are internally managed so no danger of blowing up besides whats already there but be aware too heavy and them engines not only will be running more juice but throwing more heat. Why not? Its already screwed so might as well throw one in.

Speaking of which I have a nail holding my throttle and spin stick together!! lol thats how I got the thing.
      Permanent rev limiter = the crank popping out to say ELLO!!!!

Comment

lipo care is very important in this hobby. Discharging them to far or leaving them fully charged for periods of time damages them and shortens their life considerably. Dont discharge below 3v per cell and dont over charge past 4.2v per cell ( unless HV batteries) storage charge needs to be 3.8v per cell if left for periods of time.

Brushed motors also wear out and are noticable in a reduction of power if you know the battery is good.

batteries are also not internally managed and you can indeed have components catch fire. You have to select the correct one for the specs of the components (1s, 2s, 3s,etc)... even the little brushed ones. Its the capacity that you can increase but again, go to much and weight becomes an issue and you get a diminished return on capacity.
        My XR8 Ute! tales and yarns

Comment

Yeah, I have no clue about that. There's no way I can see stuff like that with this drone. The battery is Li-ion and its wires are soldered to the board. Even the esc's are combined within the board so not sure if I can even get another battery in it without frying the electronics.
          Last edited by TheCaptain; 17-04-2018, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I didn't know the batteries weren't managed. The ones I have, have a control circuit.

Comment

The circuit will probably be some kind of balance circuit for charging. same lipo care rules apply.

got out on the weekend so have some motivation to go a decent rig ;D

https://www.airvuz.com/video/Made-It...9bc9357600c0ac

Comment

I want to get races started her. I am going to talk to an investor buddy of mine.

Comment

odds are there will be chapter near you already. Where do you call home?

Comment

Calling it a chapter makes it sound like a motorcycle gang Creative

Comment

Japan. I hope not lol. I want someone to invest in races!!! Could be a good venture!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        Japan. I hope not lol. I want someone to invest in races!!! Could be a good venture!
                        quick fb search

https://www.facebook.com/japandroneleague/?ref=py_c

Its a huge hobby out there, especially china...

Comment

Thats all good though. There isn't anything around here maybe I should talk to them.

Comment

well if you need any advice regarding parts etc, let me know. refering back to your original post... a built quad for $100aud wont be very good.

Comment

As a last resort I put new batteries in the remote but it still won't charge or fly. I reported it and sending it back, hopefull they are going to make to big of a fuss about the 2 bits of styrofoam that broke of.

Comment

Jeey, they're sending me a new one

Comment

Working...
                                X