Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobbies other than cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies other than cars?

What is everyone doing when they arent working on maaaaaad cars or even crap cars? I have a few of each myself but they dont take up ALL of my time. When im not saving babies by being an electrician or going to school, and whilst not working on my many cars, I enjoy building and shooting guns, hunting, fishing, camping, and doing various "crazy idea" projects that keep me up at night. What are some of the things everyone else does to pass to the time? Also im not sure if its permitted or if it might offend some folks so I have omitted photos of the firearms I build and my hunting/fishing adventures, if it pleases everyone I would happy to show off the other stuff I build. Cheers

Building and fixing pc's, simracing, some general gaming and boyscouts mostly

Pictures are fine by me

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
      Building and fixing pc's, simracing, some general gaming and boyscouts mostly

Pictures are fine by me
      PART_1449869237390_.IMG_20151210_223009.jpg this is an AR15 lower I assembled for a friend, i copper plated all the controls, and did color fill in all the roll stampings. 0426151455.jpg this is a his and hers set of AR15's that i built for my wife and I. They have laminate wood furniture. I have since stripped the his rifle of the wood and put it back to plastics for our 9 year old daughter, the wood was just too heavy for her.

Comment

My one is reading books

Comment

I am fond of reading literature, recently i read "Twilight" By Stephanie Mayer. It is very popular book in the world. Vampire novel, the first edition of which only in the United States sold a record circulation of 100,000 copies. At college I got task to write essay about last reading book. So I decided to write descriptive essay about this book. Tips of descriprtive essay i found on

Comment

I like books to, I recently got 'Beyond Band of Brothers' by none other then Maj. Dick Winters himself and it's amazing. Not done reading it yet though.

Comment

I'm interested in fennoscandia viking age history, so I sometimes spend quite a lot of time reading about that. Still my main thing is scale model cars and sim racing, mainly Dirt Rally 2 now. Also when i'm not working on my own cars I like to help my friends with their cars. I actually like to work with my friends cars more than my own cars, as I can always learn something new about those cars. I already know my own cars inside out.

1982 Ford Taunus

1984 Ratty Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Apart from cars I guess my main hobby is Krav Maga. I also like to go swimming, hill walking and watch movies.

Comment

For me it would be vintage computers, building electronics, computer games, and roasting coffee!

Comment

I guess fixing weapons is the same thing as fixing watches or vintage electronics,
                    for me it is gardening and growing some produce of my own.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
                      I like books to, I recently got 'Beyond Band of Brothers' by none other then Maj. Dick Winters himself and it's amazing. Not done reading it yet though.
                      I have read and re-read that book at least 10 times. I finally had donated it to our local library. Being a fellow Pennsylvanian it of course made me interested in reading it a little more. In keeping with my local flavor, Jimmy Stewart Bomber Pilot is another great book. He is from Indiana PA, which is about 45 minutes north of where I am from. It was interesting to see Jimmy Stewart prewar and post war. Clark Gable was given the rank of Captain in the Army Air Corps and Jimmy was still a lower rank, and Gable was going to Gunnery School and was headed overseas. Stewart, a Lieutenant at the time was more motivated than ever to get into the action. Its amazing how many hoops he had to jump through to get into action. No written order, but there seemed to be one to keep him out of action.
                      Another good book, although more of a history is Whispering Death by Mark Johnston, its a little history of the RAAF. I thought it had some good elements to make it a mini series similar to Band of Brothers. There is so many examples of what those men did with so little equipment was pretty amazing during the War in the Pacific, especially when it started.

Comment

Either im boring or i have too many cars to brake, but im only a car guy. It really takes alot free time to work on 3 cars while still trying to spend enough time with my dog.

Comment

Vintage stereo gear repair and listening- I go easy on this because when I told people I suddenly had tube organs, tube radios, tube tv's and other behemoths showing up.
                          Cycling - I live in the least snowy place in Canada
                          Computer networking/systems administration - I use Volumio on a Pine64 to feed the stereo gear.
                          Recreational shooting - I'm properly licensed for a civilian in Canada - maintain active membership in local range as required by law etc.

Comment

Hunting, tourism, hiking

Comment

Working...
                            X