Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Make And Upload Signature Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Make And Upload Signature Pictures

OK, so I’ll start off by saying that this is my first write up, so please be kind.

OK, Sig Pictures. I’ll start off with how to make one, and then I’ll go through the ways of getting it on the forum. The limits for Sig Pics on the forum are 100 pixels high, 800 pixels wide or 30.0KB (Whichever is smaller)
    First you have to make a sig pic or have one made. The 2 most common software used is Photoshop and Paint. I will go through Paint first then through Photoshop.

Choosing You File Type.
    When you create a sig pic you have the option to save it in .jpeg or .png. PNG will give better picture quality but is not a lossy type of file compression. Meaning that it will not lose picture quality but will be a larger file memory wise. Whereas JPEG is a type of lossy compression, so while you will have a lower size file, it will lose picture quality. But for forum sig pics the picture quality given by a JPEG image is good enough.

Making a Sig Pic with Paint.

Now sig pics made with Paint will never look as good as those made with Photoshop, but some of us don’t have the software. Paint cannot be used as far as I know to resize an image without cropping.
    First you want to resize then select pixels and set the horizontal pixels to 800. Next you will want to hit crop and drag the bottom to the 100 pixel mark. This will give you your sig pic size. It is within these restrictions that you can make your own sig pic.

Making a Sig Pic with Photo Shop.

We now move on to Photo Shop. To get started you will want to go file then new. In the pop up box make sure that in the first two drop down boxes pixels are selected. You with want to change the width to 800 and the height to 100. Hit ok and the template for what size your image can be will appear. Again just create your sig pic using these restrictions.

Here’s one I made.

Getting Your Pic on the Forums
    OK so now you have your sig pic made and ready! Nice Work!

There are 2 ways of getting your pic on the forums, 1 has never worked for me but I’ll go through it anyway.
    First you must go to your forum settings then go edit signature.

Way 1: Upload to External Site.

Now you can upload your sig pic to an image hosting site like Photo Bucket. Once the image is uploaded, copy a direct link to the image and post it in the URL box under the sig pic section of the sig edit section of the forum. This seems to always have the image to large error message for me, so I tend to use way 2.

Way 2: Upload to The Forum

The 2nd box you see would have a button labelled choose file. Click this button, then find where your sig pic is saved on your computer and hit open. This way seems to be the most reliable for me and tends to be the only way I use. It also seems to be easier then way 1.

Next hit the upload button.

When the image is uploaded in your signature make sure you include the [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] coding and hit save.

Enjoy your new sig pic.

How To Make And Upload Signature Pictures!

Originally posted by FortKid
    Blockomotive is currently in need of acquiring an external supplier for components beyond our technological and manufacturing capacities. If one of your fine companies could provide estimates on components such as, but not limited to, curves and or rounded surfaces please submit an offer proposal.

Sincerely,
    The Swedish Chef

PS: Bork Bork Bork
    Originally posted by In PM From Jmac to Alvin
    Yo GT5 god
    Alvin 'Wonder Boy'
    The 2nd Best Sim Racer on MCM

sigpic

Sweet mate very well done!
    sigpic
    SLAYING THE COVENANT SINCE 2001

Check out my ute build here, from bogan BNS ute to mad 4x4

Originally posted by bassdee
    shaking worse than michael j fox on a paint mixer.
    Originally posted by Hound
    Yeah guuize, im in bed with my missus too.. Palmela Handerson and I are having a great time.

Comment

Good write up Alvin I see you saved my MCM House Party Pic

From Reggae Dave
      MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
      MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
        Good write up Alvin I see you saved my MCM House Party Pic

From Reggae Dave
        Thanks, and yes I saved I thinking I may be able to use If for something on the forum one day.

Blockomotive is currently in need of acquiring an external supplier for components beyond our technological and manufacturing capacities. If one of your fine companies could provide estimates on components such as, but not limited to, curves and or rounded surfaces please submit an offer proposal.

Sincerely,
        The Swedish Chef

Yo GT5 god
        Alvin 'Wonder Boy'

sigpic

Comment

Great write-up Alvin!!! Must rep you 4 this!!! :P
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
            Great write-up Alvin!!! Must rep you 4 this!!! :P
            Thanks, it's my first write up, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Sincerely,
            The Swedish Chef

Yo GT5 god
            Alvin 'Wonder Boy'

sigpic

Comment

Don't mean to bump an old thread, but where can I download the MCM font?
              Originally posted by MrSheep
              Keen for updates, and KFC backies.
              sigpic

'84 Nissan Z31 300ZX - 5 Speed - N/A - Digital dash - Fence paint green and black | '84 Nissan Z31 300ZX - Auto - N/A - Turbo Spoiler [Sold :'( ] | '83 Toyota AE86 Sprinter Levin - 5spd - TRD rear wing - Bolt on flares - Hurricanes - Matte black | '83 Nissan R30 Skyline Hatchback - 5spd - L24 - LSD - Rusty everything - Daily skid pig | '82 KE70 Corolla Flat Front - 4spd - Gutless 4KC | '92 Mazda 323 BG Astina - The reliable daily

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Rolla View Post
                Don't mean to bump an old thread, but where can I download the MCM font?
                There isn't a MCM font...
                sigpic

Comment

Nice thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
                    There isn't a MCM font...
                    ^This6 It's just a matter for saving a logo with an image and cutting it out.

Sincerely,
                    The Swedish Chef

Yo GT5 god
                    Alvin 'Wonder Boy'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alvin23a View Post
                      ^This6 It's just a matter for saving a logo with an image and cutting it out.
                      True point...
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X