Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't post new thread in Rant & Research Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't post new thread in Rant & Research Room

Is it supposed to be that I'm not allowed to post a new thread to Rakes Rant & Research room? I checked the permissions and it says it's not allowed which is weird because people newer than me are able to do it and so I'm guessing there aren't requirements
    btw obviously I'm able to post new threads elsewhere, here for example
    Think about how stupid the average person is,
    and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.

i think youll find that there have been no new threads posted in there since you joined the forum so im not sure why you think newer people have started threads in there? also i think the mods just move/start specific threads in there
    i like it loud <<-- my build thread '64 mini ... van

Comment

Yeah, you can't open new threads there. yolo

Comment

The Random Rants section is locked to members making new threads. It was locked due to so many silly useless rants being posted in there.

Anyone can post in current threads unless they are locked, you just cannot post a new thread in that section.
        Jay
        GTAusMotive

2008 Honda Civic Type R, Honda Accord Euro CL9
        1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
          The Random Rants section is locked to members making new threads. It was locked due to so many silly useless rants being posted in there.

Anyone can post in current threads unless they are locked, you just cannot post a new thread in that section.
          ok thanks that makes sense lol
          Think about how stupid the average person is,
          and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.

Comment

It won't let me post a thread ANYWHERE, and I wanted to get a question answered A.S.A.P.

Comment

As per the new rules of the forum there is a minimum post count. If you just signed up you would have read them before clicking sign up.
              Jay
              GTAusMotive

1991 Honda Civic Gli, 1977 Honda Civic 2 Speed Hondamatic Auto, Mini-Me Ed Civic

Comment

wow, so that's why I cant post anywhere lol! thank you!

Comment

Yep, you need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you can start a new thread.

Comment

haha i used to be able to start threads and now i cant whats going on
                    btw i havent posted in a while
                    don't need to own a car to be on the forum

Comment

Originally posted by milkchicken View Post
                      As per the new rules of the forum there is a minimum post count. If you just signed up you would have read them before clicking sign up.
                      Originally posted by Jenga View Post
                      Yep, you need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you can start a new thread.
                      As its been said heaps of times even in this thread twice. With the new change in rules, the minimum post before you can make a thread is now 10 posts.
                      Jay
                      GTAusMotive

Comment

I just came across this thread to find out why I couldn't start a new thread in Tech Talk - this is a terrible rule, all it will encourage is shitty spam posts for people to get their post count up before posting their thread.

Comment

It's a lot better than having people sign up to the forum to post a new thread asking "How do i turbo my car?" or "When is the next episode coming out?" without searching, and then never returning to the forum.
                          Originally posted by ADowbs
                          He lives in Australia, it's a felony for thinking about doing a motor swap, let alone actually doing one.
                          sigpic
                          My S13 build_________________Brothers 180________________S-Chassis Thread #3_________________How to Turbo a Car

Comment

Originally posted by villain View Post
                            It's a lot better than having people sign up to the forum to post a new thread asking "How do i turbo my car?" or "When is the next episode coming out?" without searching, and then never returning to the forum.
                            I agree with Sir Villain. This was why it was introduced in the first place anyway.

Raraku. I'm sure if you use the search function you will find your answer. And If it's a small question that doesn't require a thread, you may be better off posting it in the Social thread
                            sigpic
                            Current Ride: 94' VR Berlina Wagon (The Granny Wagon)
                            Mods: $80 JVC Headunit, LED Parkers & Reverse lights, K&N Panel Filter,

Comment

Didn't need an answer to the question - I figured it out from this thread.

In my experience you'd be better off having sticky topics or an FAQ, eg

- NEXT EPISODE INFORMATION HERE
                              - FAQ/Newbie Questions

No forum I've ever been on has a mandate of 10 minimum posts for a new topic, it's silly and doesn't promote discussion - you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Comment

Working...
                              X