Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mighty Car Mods Forum Membership - Supporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Car Mods Forum Membership - Supporter

Just wanted to run a idea for the forum by you folks.....

Many forums you go onto these days have a form of paid membership where you pay/donate X amount of $$$ to the forum so they can produce product and use on forum development. I have two paid memberships on some and I enjoy the extra capabilities.

Here's an example of stuff from a paid membership, that something similar would be great for MCM:

We’re excited to be offering V*****.au members with an opportunity to both support to the forum, as well as benefit from making a non-recurring $25 yearly donation. With all V*****.au products, the money raised will be reserved for future V*****.au development and products.

12 month membership includes:

- Special Edition Sticker (not sold to non-members).
    - 1 Roundel sticker
    - Custom User Titles.
    - Larger avatar (180px x 285px).
    - Image attachments (5mb limit/image).
    - Maximum stored messages from 50 to 250.
    - Maximum Recipients to Send PMs at a time from 5 to 10.
    - Blue & Bold username colour.
    - Can post in classifieds despite join date.

With MCM here I know there would be some differences but that's an example.

Its a way for members to support the forum and also, maybe even fund a future MCM Project or something

I'd love to see something like this happen, and I feel some others would too!

Cheers
    MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
    MCM Queensland Forum

Bad idea.
    I dont mind the idea of paying for MCM gear, or supporting the crew (I will buy some stuff soon, promise!)
    I really don't like those forums. They become very elitist. Anything a normal member says is judged because they "aren't even a proper member"
    Generally, it makes a backlash too.
    As far as I know, this forum is for people to share customising stuff, photos, ideas and questions.
    We come here because we want to be here. Try to charge me for it, and I'll go somewhere else.
    Try not to insult people who are trying to learn. After all, we all learnt something for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by greencheapsk8 View Post
      Bad idea.
      I dont mind the idea of paying for MCM gear, or supporting the crew (I will buy some stuff soon, promise!)
      I really don't like those forums. They become very elitist. Anything a normal member says is judged because they "aren't even a proper member"
      Generally, it makes a backlash too.
      As far as I know, this forum is for people to share customising stuff, photos, ideas and questions.
      We come here because we want to be here. Try to charge me for it, and I'll go somewhere else.
      The two I am on with the system are great, and everyone respects everyone. I don't know where you are coming from....

It's not bloody charging every user! Its a forum donation membership that will assist on development of the forum and products.
      MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Its a good idea, if youre on a forum where its looked down on for being a non donater youve been on all wrong places.. Now it wouldnt be mandatory few forums im on its optional and most love it because they get extras and help the actual community grow. Hell you dont wanna donate its your choice but i would to help mcm even tho theyve stated they wont introduce a pay for forum rule >.> least i remember moog or marty saying that on one of these threads awhile ago
        sigpic
        Disclaimer: anything I say in social thread may be false information, any comments believed show signs of your astounding intelligence.

Organizer for MCM/Rexnet/OzFoz/AMC/JC Cruises & Meet Ups in the Canberra region :3

Comment

Originally posted by greencheapsk8 View Post
          I agree with this. I'm a forum goer from way back, and I've seen this become introduced on two separate forums, one of which I left after half of the members that went premium began to insult and be condescending towards new members after a few months of the introduction. But, every forum is different, and we have a relitively good community on here. I'm not completely against it I suppose. I just wouldn't pay $25 a year to have a special title on a forum is all (although a special edition sticker may tempt me :P).

I swear there was a 'Gold Member' thing on here though - a few guys had it, I think it was morganluke and a few other guys. So that wasn't a paid membership thing then?
          Originally posted by Meowmeow
          I sincerely hope whoever did this steps on a Lego.

sigpic

Join the Perth MCM Facebook pages for the latest meets and events in Perth:
          Perth Forum-Based MCM Group (Please read description before joining)
          Perth MCM Fan Page

Comment

That gold membership thing was a joke started by rake last time this sort of subject turned up.
            Im all for a donation option, it would be a good idea to help get funds to run the forum/go towards future builds.
            1998 5DR Glanza V Replica
            1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
            sigpic

Comment

If I remember correctly. Jmac had a "Platinum Membership". Rake, Morgs and MrCelica had Gold.

It was a Limited run thing.
              sigpic
              Current Ride: 94' VR Berlina Wagon (The Granny Wagon)
              Mods: $80 JVC Headunit, LED Parkers & Reverse lights, K&N Panel Filter,

Comment

Originally posted by Oddzeee View Post
                If I remember correctly. Jmac had a "Platinum Membership". Rake, Morgs and MrCelica had Gold.

It was a Limited run thing.
                To do something like that again would be nice
                MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

I don't like the idea of a recurring payments but you did say it was optional.
                  I'm on a paid forum too, 2 options - gold or platinum. Gold was 2 years and platinum was a life sub.
                  Pretty much the same benefits as you've listed Tiida but you also got access to the "how to" forum.
                  Locking down a forum or section wouldn't go down well here.

I get how you want support the team, I do too. I think everyone does. It just kind of goes against the "everyone is welcome" and "cheap and cheerful" style this forum has and how the video content.
                  I bought the magazines which I still haven't read yet, only purchased to support MCM.
                  Simply adding a donate icon in the top right would work for me.

Comment

best donation you can make is to buy something from the MCM shop, and then for your donation, you get some maaad shiz!

the MCM magazines are freakin awesome.
                    Love MCM? Want to help support the show? Check out the MCM Shop and get some maaaad DVD's, stickers, shirts or Magazine...

Comment

Word and point!
                      My "show" (wan|<) car:
                      http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ing-(Car)Build.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty View Post
                        best donation you can make is to buy something from the MCM shop, and then for your donation, you get some maaad shiz!

the MCM magazines are freakin awesome.
                        Ok thanks for the reply Marty, will keep doing that as always
                        MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X