Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 5600watt amp blow up my speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 5600watt amp blow up my speakers?

I need more power for my 4 speakers (2 6x9 Sony xplodes and two 6" Sony xplodes) I'm not sure how to wire them up and my friend told me today that they will blow up because the amp is way too powerful? How can I avoid destroying my speakers?

......... Will only blow up if you turn them up too high. But you need to provide more info.
    My "show" (wan|<) car:
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ing-(Car)Build.

Comment

if you have a genuine 5600w RMS amplifier (extremely unlikely) then yes, your speakers will fry.
      i'm guessing you have an ebay or similar amplifier that claims to be 5600 watts, but at peak music power. it will never achieve this so don't worry.
      do you have a brand and model of the amp so we can check to see the actual rms ratings of it? will make questions easier to answer. also, what's the rms power of your speakers?

Comment

haha it's an eBay Powervox 5600 watt I bought for $70 not including shipping. Apparently they are pretty good. I'm not sure about my speakers since they came with the car and nothing was included with them.

Comment

Features

Bridged output power (MAX): 5600W (2800W x 2)
          Output power (MAX): 5600W (1400W x 4)
          Output power (RMS): 560W (140W x 4)
          Frequency response: 10Hz - 20KHz(+/-) 1dB<
          Input sensitivity: < 250mv
          Signal / Noise ratio: 98 dB
          Separation scale: > 45dB
          Stereo output: 2 - 16 ohm
          Bridge output: 4 - 16 ohm
          Power supply: 12V
          Dimensions: 340 x 245 x 55mm
          Even doubt it'll get to that much some how

Pull a speaker out and find a model number on them that'll be a start.
          sigpic
          Girls like diamonds. Not STi's

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty88 View Post
            haha it's an eBay Powervox 5600 watt I bought for $70 not including shipping. Apparently they are pretty good. I'm not sure about my speakers since they came with the car and nothing was included with them.
            I wouldn't be running the Powerpox amp unless you want a car fire.

Comment

ive read reviews and they are positive

Comment

ill have a closer look at the speakers on the weekend

Comment

5600watts . I doubt its that powerful . but if it is ... That will cook your speakers .lol

tbh if your only running 6x9 and a pair of 6" speakers you will only need a small amp . like 300watts or 350w
                  http://www.frenchUK.co.uk
                  Forza Horzion club Tag F40R madCOACHdriver

Comment

ive read reviews and they are positive
                    Your car just trying to warn you that's all. They are cheap for a reason.

Comment

on the store it was a choice between 2600w 50 dollar amp or a 70 dollar 5600 watt. So i got the best. How would i avoid not cooking my speakers?

Comment

Are there car audio stores i could take it too, to work something out?

Comment

on the store it was a choice between 2600w 50 dollar amp or a 70 dollar 5600 watt. So i got the best. How would i avoid not cooking my speakers?
                          Are there car audio stores i could take it too, to work something out?
                          When you spend 70 dollars on an amp it is DEFINITELY not the best! Natto on here bought a Powervox amp.. it didn't even work!
                          If you take it to a car audio shop, they will laugh at you and sell you something better. There is no way it will fry the speakers, it's apparently 140x4WRMS.. i doubt it even puts that out.

No offence mate but you will regret it!
                          sigpic

Comment

awww shit ): maybe i could sell the thing on gumtree or ebay as never used

Comment

can you put a link up for the amp?
                              http://www.frenchUK.co.uk
                              Forza Horzion club Tag F40R madCOACHdriver

Comment

Working...
                              X