Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 5600watt amp blow up my speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pair of old rockford fosgate punch's in the back of my car. (the speakers, not the amp ) They must be 5-15 years old? and they still kick ass.
    Originally posted by MOOG
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Originally posted by Jenga
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by DubWabbit View Post
      Not a JL product but it is very sturdy. Price was around 200 bucks. Its a stealthbox, excuse the wiring its since been tucked away:
      http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../IMG_00141.jpg
      a prefab, off the shelf, sealed, fibreglass enclosure doesn't really put you in a position to make the statement that

the right enclosure makes a big difference as well.
      not that the statement isn't true, but I don't think you've really heard the "right" enclosure...

Comment

Originally posted by AmmoJammo View Post
        a prefab, off the shelf, sealed, fibreglass enclosure doesn't really put you in a position to make the statement that not that the statement isn't true, but I don't think you've really heard the "right" enclosure...
        Dude don't start I've heard plenty of setups sealed and ported, based on the space I had to work with and the specs of my sub/amp a sealed box was the perfect solution. I bought the stealth box on a whim hoping it would be decent (I had never bought a fiberglass enclosure before) and the fact that I needed my trunk space back was a big factor. To be honest it sounds excellent the bass is crisp and precise. One of the best setups I've heard in fact, but I'm not the kind of guy to put 5 subs in my car with 3000w rms powering them. I like some bump but not that much. What makes you think a "prefab, off the shelf, sealed, fibreglass enclosure" is such a bad option anyways? I'm entitled to my option and gave advice based on my experience on a PUBLIC FORUM. Your entitled to your opinion too, but I don't think you know what the right enclosure is either.

Comment

5 subs in my car with 3000w rms powering them.
          lol i got 4.2k rms to just 2 subs!

I have to agree with ammo's post, only in regards to prefab, be it mdf or glass, are generally shit. prefab boxes are normally cheaply made using cheap materials and in no way what so ever suited to proper sub stage. yes you may like what you have got and thats all you need, but in terms of the right box for the right job, prefeb will never cut it for some who is serious and quality sounding bass. at the end of the day you can only go as far as your budget and skills will take you, if your happy with how it sounds, what else matters.

looks good btw!

Comment

Originally posted by ranio View Post
            lol i got 4.2k rms to just 2 subs!
            Originally posted by DubWabbit
            subs in my car with 3000w rms powering them.
            I got my sub for $10 at a garage sale. Do I win a prize?
            You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
              my mate jas is doing 147 with 2 $30 ebay 12" subs, he won the local A2 class lol, the guys who spend huge money on there setups were pissed hahaha

Comment

Mine is one of those pioneer slim things some guy was ripping out of a used truck he bought. I like woodworking so I made an MDF enclosure for it, pretty much a sealed cube, all the pieces are routed and interlock, it was fun to make. I was originally planning on using it for home stereo/theater so I made a not so compact enclosure despite the low profile of the speaker. I won't win any contests, but for the price it gets the job done, and we used the rest of the sheet of MDF to make a table! I am running a cheapo amp too. A lower model Autotek. lol

I don't know how you guys put so much sound in your cars, mine makes my head hurt after a while.

Comment

My cuzin is doing 152db in his barina with Sundown Audio gear.

Comment

you took what i said out of context :3

Comment

you took what i said out of context :3
                      I was just poking fun at all the huge super $ systems everyone is talking about in this thread. lol
                      I was just grabbing for silly numbers.

Comment

I was just poking fun at all the huge super $ systems everyone is talking about in this thread. lol
                        I was just grabbing for silly numbers.
                        my amp n subs cost only 750 all up, which i spose is still a fair bit compared to ebay builds lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ranio View Post
                          my mate jas is doing 147 with 2 $30 ebay 12" subs, he won the local A2 class lol, the guys who spend huge money on there setups were pissed hahaha
                          prove it??

Comment

funny thing on OP's amp. its fused with 2x20amp
                            making it able to draw bout 500w max
                            How do I do English?

Comment

Originally posted by Harrstein View Post
                              funny thing on OP's amp. its fused with 2x20amp
                              making it able to draw bout 500w max
                              Been pointed out like 5 times already champ.

Comment

Originally posted by AmmoJammo View Post
                                prove it??
                                Gladly! here's his score from tonight, local comp at autobarn runaway bay here on the gold coast. 148.5db
                                https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...62527685_n.jpg

here's the second hand subs he scored off ebay in the current setup!
                                https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...34651380_n.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X