Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 5600watt amp blow up my speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ranio View Post
    Gladly! here's his score from tonight, local comp at autobarn runaway bay here on the gold coast. 148.5db
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...62527685_n.jpg

here's the second hand subs he scored off ebay in the current setup!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...34651380_n.jpg
    Any one can get pictures off google images..... Your pictures prove nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith View Post
      hahaha you for real? take it or leave it mate. I have nothing to gain by bullshitting. what do u want, a hand signed photo? that or I can just link his facebook profile.
      If you had taken any notice the pics are linked straight from his profile, not google!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith View Post
        I bet you spent way more than that lol
        Umad?
        Originally posted by MOOG
        Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
        Originally posted by Jenga
        You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

hahaha you for real? take it or leave it mate. I have nothing to gain by bullshitting. what do u want, a hand signed photo? that or I can just link his facebook profile.
          If you had taken any notice the pics are linked straight from his profile, not google!
          Don't really care just saying what people are probably going to say.

Comment

Gladly! here's his score from tonight, local comp at autobarn runaway bay here on the gold coast. 148.5db
            https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...62527685_n.jpg

here's the second hand subs he scored off ebay in the current setup!
            https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...34651380_n.jpg
            why are you calling them "$30 ebay subs"

they might have costs $30, although I doubt it, but I wouldn't be annoyed if subs with a RRP of $800 beat my subs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlFPU5t76ig

Comment

Whats going on in this thread? Pissing match? Do i need to link the vid of my entire jeep flexing, including roof (3"), hatch(2", 8 layers of deadening), doors, B-pillar, rear quarters, so forth, on a $500 setup? I don't give 2 sh1ts and a fu*k how much you have invested into your system. You can put $100,000 into an engine, doesn't translate into you knowing how to tune it. Getting high output in the acoustic environment is 10% materials, and 90% installation.

Any of you posting dB scores, that's nothing, show me a flat response graph from 5hz to 70hz, THEN i'll be impressed. Don't carry yourself as tho you're an expert, when clearly you know nothing.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Do i need to link the vid of my entire jeep flexing, including roof (3"), hatch(2", 8 layers of deadening), doors, B-pillar, rear quarters, so forth, on a $500 setup?
                flexing doesn't mean its loud

Don't carry yourself as tho you're an expert, when clearly you know nothing.
                yeah, you should probably stop doing that

Comment

Wait you mean this?

lolol

But seriously all this "I spent a bazzilion $ on my stereo" is ridiculous.

Good job, you can spend money.
                  Last edited by FortKid; 08-07-2012, 10:00 AM.
                  Originally posted by MOOG
                  Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                  Originally posted by Jenga
                  You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                    I thought he said 2-3inches of flex? guess he meant 2-3mm?

Comment

Originally posted by AmmoJammo View Post
                      flexing doesn't mean its loud

yeah, you should probably stop doing that
                      3" of roof flex? I've seen less than that on a stock cabin rip the firewall open. That's alot, and in the lower 20's, that's a lot of output.

And i'm not a professional hey? I get payed for my designs and work, that alone means i'm a professional, as its my profession, but i'm currently designing a tapped horn in .5x2pi format tuned to a quarter wavelength of 21.5hz. When you understand half that, let me know junior.

Edit: Yeah, but not that vid. That one was with the factory 65a alt, couldn't get more than 130w at nominal imp. Gotta love single wire CS144's :3
                      Last edited by [email protected]; 08-07-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

And i'm not a professional hey? I get payed for my designs and work, that alone means i'm a professional, as its my profession, but i'm currently designing a tapped horn in .5x2pi format tuned to a quarter wavelength of 21.5hz. When you understand half that, let me know junior.
                        working in a "profession" doesn't make you a professional...

I understand quarter wavelength, and tapped horns quite well thanks

a design a scribbled up some time ago, just for fun, obviously designed using hornresp need any help there?

Comment

Originally posted by AmmoJammo View Post
                          working in a "profession" doesn't make you a professional...

I understand quarter wavelength, and tapped horns quite well thanks

a design a scribbled up some time ago, just for fun, obviously designed using hornresp need any help there?

The beginning of the throat is way too big, as is the exit. Unless you're running dipole, you should only run .5x2pi.

Also, if a service is your main source of income, it is your profession, and if you have a profession, you're a professional in that field. Consult a dictionary if you're upset :/
                          Last edited by [email protected]; 08-07-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

The beginning of the throat is way too big, as is the exit. Unless you're running dipole, you should only run .5x2pi.
                            nice try there, but you fail... lol

Comment

Why are you telling me i'm wrong, when im right? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Also, you might wanna try edit > delete guides sometime.

Comment

Why are you telling me i'm wrong, when im right? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
                                I can only assume your reference to "dipole" was meaning isobaric? but this isn't relevant in this situation.

like I said, nice try... when are you going to get loud?

Comment

Working...
                                X