Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 5600watt amp blow up my speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go, mr acoustic expert.

It's highly relevant. 2 soundstream 12"s running in a twin phase tapped horn hit 145dB sub 20hz in a blowthrough configuration. Hypersensitivity.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-07-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Here you go, mr acoustic expert.
      how does a passive radiator have any relevance to a tapped horn? lol

a standard dipole is simply an infinite baffle setup...

none of this has anything to do with my design.

Comment

Isobaric?
        I have a feeling that isn't applicable here in the true sense of the word as used as a technical engineering term.
        Does it mean something different for Audio? You guys seem to use terminology in off ways.
        Originally posted by MOOG
        Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
        Originally posted by Jenga
        You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by AmmoJammo View Post
          working in a "profession" doesn't make you a professional...

I understand quarter wavelength, and tapped horns quite well thanks

a design a scribbled up some time ago, just for fun, obviously designed using hornresp need any help there?

looks like a maze ud put a mouse in to get to the cheese....

Comment

It's highly relevant. 2 soundstream 12"s running in a twin phase tapped horn hit 145dB sub 20hz in a blowthrough configuration. Hypersensitivity.
            I see you got your hands on some synthetic marijuana!

Comment

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
              Isobaric?
              I have a feeling that isn't applicable here in the true sense of the word as used as a technical engineering term.
              Does it mean something different for Audio? You guys seem to use terminology in off ways.
              If you're limited on power, it can be a decent solution, but the output levels are never really that good. Sensitivity is raised tho.

edit: Lolnvm, photobucket.

Comment

If you're limited on power, it can be a decent solution, but the output levels are never really that good. Sensitivity is raised tho.

edit: Lolnvm, photobucket.
                lmao, in isobaric, sensitivity is REDUCED! the only benefit is you can use a smaller enclosure (theoretically half the volume for the same frequency response as using 1 driver) however, to match the output of the single driver, you need more power.
                Last edited by AmmoJammo; 08-07-2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

nawwww.... why am i always late to these things...?!

where was the flex on that jeep? i'm still waiting for it to start moving panels..? all i saw was a little minor vibration?

can i join in this pissing match? looks like fun!

Comment

nawwww.... why am i always late to these things...?!

where was the flex on that jeep? i'm still waiting for it to start moving panels..? all i saw was a little minor vibration?

can i join in this pissing match? looks like fun!

Comment

Use advanced reply/edit

Also, why is there so much hate on people not spending a fortune on audio systems? Some people like to make affordable parts perform well instead of just dumping money in.

EDIT:
                      Originally posted by Wikipedia
                      The term “isobaric” points to the erroneous notion that the air pressure in the chamber between the loudspeakers is constant (the "isobaric" condition).
                      So it is in the true technical sense of the word incorrect.
                      Last edited by FortKid; 08-07-2012, 11:26 AM.
                      Originally posted by MOOG
                      Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
                      Originally posted by Jenga
                      You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Originally posted by FortKid View Post
                        Also, why is there so much hate on people not spending a fortune on audio systems? Some people like to make affordable parts perform well instead of just dumping money in.
                        exactly!! i spent less than $1000 on my cadence and USaudio gear in my car and am doing over 156db and blew out my windshield!!

it's all about the design!!

Comment

I'm all for being a tightass.... which is why I'm currently running $220 worth of Pioneer subs, off a $250 1500watt ReSponse amp, with $50 splits in the front, $20 rear speakers, a $150 4 channel ReSponse amp, and $240 Pioneer headunit...

$930?

and yet I won "King dB" at the last SPL competition...

and all of the gear was bought "new" some was clearance, some I haggled , other was off ebay, but brand new, never used...

Comment

i thought thats what the hole db war was about??? making the most out of the least amount of money.???

Comment

Wow this thread went off track haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbox.inc View Post
                                exactly!! i spent less than $1000 on my cadence and USaudio gear in my car and am doing over 156db and blew out my windshield!!

it's all about the design!!
                                Seriously hope you're trolling.

And beast, dB wars are nothing, they tell you nothing. I could do 150dB at 70hz with my $130 15", but it will have incredible impedance spikes, it will have terrible sound quality, it will have a massive delay, and for daily listening, it will be useless, so comparing how loud one setup is to another is impossible without more variables involved.

And isobaric configuration causing lower sensitivity? How? In what way? I have yet to see one graph over 12ms delay and electrical efficiency under 85%.
                                Last edited by [email protected]; 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X