Sponsor Banner

Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech Engine Management http://www.bridgestone.com.au

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have some Help with choosing an fully amplified system with 4 speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have some Help with choosing an fully amplified system with 4 speakers

Hi guys, currently I have some 4 inch speakers in the front of my car and that's It. I would like to upgrade my system by installing.
    4 way amplifier
    2 x 4 inch speakers for the front
    2 x (6x9) in the rear parcel shelve
    ---------------------------------------------
    Because the 4 inch speakers cant handle bass I am going to be running them through the amp through a high pass filter.

AMP - Pioneer GM-A6704 1000W 4Channel
    Speaker (4 Inch) - Pioneer TS-G1030F 210W 3 way
    Speaker (6x9) - Pioneer TS-A6933i 420W 3 way

This adds up to
    Source:https://www.crutchfield.com/S-JB9neBVhQmW/learn/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_wiring.html

Can I give you some big advice and tell you to ditch the rear speakers!!!. Sounds crazy I know. You want to run either 4 or 6 in the front. That amp seems like a good start. You might want a DSP. Also how much are you looking to spend. Can you give me 3 photos? 1 driver door 1 dashboard and 1 pasenger.

Comment

Any good solid amp should be able to drive speakers from 4-8 ohms without a problem, the 8 ohm rating on the amp is where the power output is derived from, and is a measurement of resistance. Just keep an eye on the amp temp if you are gonna turn them up. But if i were you, i would go for something with a bit more poke, as this will be under-powering your speakers. But if you are just using these at an easy listening volume, it should be fine!
      Last edited by cowolter; 21-06-2018, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Can I give you some big advice and tell you to ditch the rear speakers!!!. Sounds crazy I know. You want to run either 4 or 6 in the front. That amp seems like a good start. You might want a DSP. Also how much are you looking to spend. Can you give me 3 photos? 1 driver door 1 dashboard and 1 pasenger.
        Hi mate this is a picture of what my dash looks like, the red circles are where the 4inch speakers are.
        The car is a Glanza V so it doesn't have speakers on the door cards just pockets and this pockets can also be seen in that photo, the passenger door and driver door have the same pocket.

Can I ask why you wouldn't recoded running speakers in the rear will 2x4inch speakers be powerful enough. the car also does have 2x 4inch speakers thrown under the seats which are in some kind of box. This is no good because when there under the seats I can't really hear them so only rely on the two front once.

Thanks

Comment

Ok Dimitar. I got some answers but I also have some new problems. If you want a slamming good system imagine being at a concert listening to your favorite band. Where does the sound come from? Answer: The stage of course.

Also there is no way I reccomend running a 2 speaker only setup.

However those speakers arent in the worst posistion in the world. You should see if there is space behind them and maybe find 5.5 or 6 inch speakers if there is space and then buy a spare set of panels. That spare set of panels can be opened up to accept the speakers and you can make some cool grilles to go over them. Next I woud place tweeters in the A pillars for ease of instillation.

This will give you a forward stage. auto makers started adding rear speakers to add volume to the car not for better image. Rear should only be used for subwoofer since the sound does not matter so much where its coming from.

Also you can make speaker boxes for your doors.

If it all seems like too much then maybe full custom audio isnt the route to go and you could just select almost any aftermarket speaker and bolt it in. As most anything will sound better in many cases.

If any of this sounds like mumbo jumbo please just post up and I will be happy to be clearer. There is also an audio guide stickied to this sub forum. Read it and my words might get clearer. The under the seat ones are for sure not gonna do much and I would sell them off if you could.

Out of any of this just remember that you want it to sound like your at a concert.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            Ok Dimitar. I got some answers but I also have some new problems. If you want a slamming good system imagine being at a concert listening to your favorite band. Where does the sound come from? Answer: The stage of course.

Also there is no way I reccomend running a 2 speaker only setup.

However those speakers arent in the worst posistion in the world. You should see if there is space behind them and maybe find 5.5 or 6 inch speakers if there is space and then buy a spare set of panels. That spare set of panels can be opened up to accept the speakers and you can make some cool grilles to go over them. Next I woud place tweeters in the A pillars for ease of instillation.

This will give you a forward stage. auto makers started adding rear speakers to add volume to the car not for better image. Rear should only be used for subwoofer since the sound does not matter so much where its coming from.

Also you can make speaker boxes for your doors.

If it all seems like too much then maybe full custom audio isnt the route to go and you could just select almost any aftermarket speaker and bolt it in. As most anything will sound better in many cases.

If any of this sounds like mumbo jumbo please just post up and I will be happy to be clearer. There is also an audio guide stickied to this sub forum. Read it and my words might get clearer. The under the seat ones are for sure not gonna do much and I would sell them off if you could.

Out of any of this just remember that you want it to sound like your at a concert.
            Thanks for the help I am going to go for 5" speakers that have tweeters. the tweeters will go on the a pillars. I am still going to stick with 6x9 on the rear however run them through a low pass filter so they can be used just for bass. When I have the money a under-seat sub, under the passenger seat would be the next move.

Comment

That is a much much much better Idea. If you want some expensive crossovers for cheap I have a set of McIntosh you can have for 70$ + post. It's not kosher to do dealson a thread so if you want em just PM me and I will show the details. I dont need them anymore as I have an active setup and tossed my radio for a processor and tablet.

Comment

Working...
              X