Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mk3 Golf GL Audio Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk3 Golf GL Audio Issues

Hey guys, having some electrical issues with 3 corners of my car. Electrical work is where i fail in knowledge.
    Everything is 100% stock
    I checked the balance on the head unit and it was 50/50
    Checked the fuse and it was working fine.
    Removed drivers side door speaker to do a continuity test with the speaker wiring, no power.
    Turned balance all the way over to the side that has no working speakers and all i can make out is small crackling and popping noises.

Would this be broken speakers or perhaps bad wiring? I find it weird that the passenger front tweeter and speaker work whilst all 3 other corners do not.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TomTom; 12-02-2019, 05:09 PM. Reason: Wrote the wrong word in the last sentence.

You can disconect cable between doors and car body. Then find pinout of this connector and check wire continuity. Fron connector to speakers and from connector on car to head unit. It could be damaged wire. Usualy in door hinge area.

Comment

Late reply, thanks for replying to me! Turns out the head unit was fried, all the speakers work fine with the new head unit! Cheers!

Comment

Yesterday I decided to isolate the speaker in the front doors from the space between the paneling and the metal frame of the door. Could I make it play straight out if I do so? I`m sure, I read once that if this whole space is available, then almost the entire bass and mid-bass “fly” there, which is very important when playing music, especially considering that the sub has to be filtered at 50 Hz to eliminate the effect of the bass. I don`t think I`m wrong when I buy these https://soundrating.com/best-6-5-speakers/ speakers. So I hear they`re sound pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
        X