Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New radio for 24 year old car ('96 Suzuki Baleno)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New radio for 24 year old car ('96 Suzuki Baleno)

Hey everyone! Just got my first car - I'm still a learner and it's really actually a decent car despite its age. 1996 Suzuki Baleno GLX 1.6L Auto. It has a radio that has a cassette tape player and no cd player. I'm definitely looking to upgrade the radio to something that AT LEAST has an AUX input, but I'd like Bluetooth if possible for hands-free phone as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the radio to look at?
    image23.jpeg

hey, sort of a late response here but since you havent had any since october, what the heck.

im a big fan of pioneer aftermarket head units, for their cost, feature set, looks, and overall durability. ive had cd players that lived long enough to be in several cars over several years! it really depends on where you live as far as what your market is for aftermarket units, but here in the states, best buy is actually a great place to pick up a new unit for a decent price. online shopping has forced best buy to price match, so you can get the same unit in-store that you find on amazon, but you can play with all the buttons and dials in the store to see if you like the layout, setup, looks and feel. generally, a solid cd/mp3 player with bluetooth and a single pair of amp pre-outs will cost in the ballpark of 100 dollars for most of the good brands, like sony, pioneer, etc. if you want more amp pre-outs, the price will go up a bit, but generally you can get a really fully featured head unit for not much more than 150 dollars, and those even have adjustable colors for the face and buttons. and installation is usually really easy, since most places that sell head units also sell adapter plugs that mate up to your car's factory harness behind the stereo. you simply wire the new stereo pigtail to the adapters (theyre color coded too, so really easy), and plug the adapter into the factory plug in the dash. now make sure that if/when you go to attach the new wires together, you use proper splicing techniques. twisting the wires and wrapping them in tape is NOT how you do it. crimp connectors are great, cheap, and quick, and generally can get the job done. for long term, it is best to solder the wires together, then put a little heat shrink wrap on them to insulate them from rubbing the bare wires together. if you're not savvy with a solder gun, just stick with the splice connectors (also called butt connectors) and a good set of wire crimps. there are TONS of great tutorials on actually swapping out the stereos online, so i bet you can find someone doing one for your exact model with just a little googling.
    I will drive no car faster than it can go.

Comment

Working...
    X