Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote locking Mazda Demio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote locking Mazda Demio

Good evening fellas, I bought a remote locking module, having in mind to install it on my car, it can be set to either negative or positive trigger. I took the door pannel off and with the multimemeter tested all the cables (one hooked on a screw and with the other lead poking), I got 12v when locking the door but only on the cable that is marked in the first pic. Well, let's try hooking the locking signal cable from the module and see what happens. I blew a fuse, that happened, called it a day and went on. Now, could you guys help me out a bit? http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/maz-ewd.pdf I found this manual online but doesn't seem to be really usefull, where should I wire the locking/unlocking signal wires in the door? I should mention that the car already has central lock, actuators in every door and by unlocking with the key the driver door or the trunk, every other door gets unlocked. Thanks.

So just to clarify; you're trying to add REMOTE locking, to a car that has key driven CENTRAL locking already?
    Not hard; just want to be sure I'm clear

Comment

Yep, I know where to wire up the indicators, but I don't know where to send the signal for the master actuator to unlock/lock

Comment

Ah, excellent, you'll likely be somewhere under the dashboard; you should hopefully be able to find the master relay, that is in charge of locking them all, already.

You should be able to send the signal to the relay, and let the built in locking system handle the rest

Comment

First time when I tried, I had a probe of the multimeter on a screw, found out that the green cable was getting voltage (I don't remember if negative or positive) when closing, yesterday I took off the door pannel and I've found out that between red and green I am getting either positive or negative voltage, that makes me think that 1. it's negative trigger, second those are the cables where I should tap into but I'm waiting for a second tough as I am kinda afraid to not blew something else..

Comment

Almost all cars are negative trigger. Especially Jap.
            Forget the wiring my dude, just go back to the relay; send your signal to the coil, so the relay activates, and done.

You're making this WAY harder than it need be.

Comment

What model Demio is this for? I'm currently daily-ing my parental's 2004 DY and having to key-lock the doors is driving me nuts (considering we haven't owned a car without remote central locking for more than 10 years...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hiro View Post
                What model Demio is this for? I'm currently daily-ing my parental's 2004 DY and having to key-lock the doors is driving me nuts (considering we haven't owned a car without remote central locking for more than 10 years...)
                Perhaps you can help the dude out; Can you locate the actual relay for the door actuators?

Comment

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32949...archweb201603_

Comment

Working...
                  X