Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A $50 paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMM View Post
    just needs a wetsand and a good buff to get rid of the orange peel, should come up looking pretty good.
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    "power is nothing without control"

Comment

Looks good! Not bad for what you put into it.

Comment

Looks good for being done outside, but did you clear coat it or did you just paint it?

Comment

Years ago I bought an old Corolla wagon. Took it to my mates house and he said we should give it a new paint job. I didn't have much cash on me and he said it will only cost about $20. His method.

1 litre of house paint
          2 foam rollers
          2 paint brushes

Being that the car was cheap I didn't really care about the paint job. We thinned the paint a lot so it was very watery. used the paint brushes to slap it on. Then used the foam rollers to finish it. 1 litre of paint gave the car 3 coats. And it looked good.
          Tool Tips:

Vacuum: Most people don't know that your vacuum has Gag mode. Instead of pushing harder on the head to get a deep clean. Flick the Gag mode switch located near the handle.

Shifter: Like most things as tools get older they can get a little slack in them. Jamming something under the slot of the shifter can help you get a better grip of your nuts.

Hammers: Grinde the tip on a regular basis to ensure you don't get rounded edges. This makes sure you don't slip off when nailing.

Comment

Working...
          X