Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to on de-badging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to on de-badging

i saw a thread about some trouble with getting the badge off their car. and i remembered i did it a while ago, and put a "how to" on facebook for...well, who ever gave a crap really lol.

so here it is:

first: get a car with badges.

2nd: heat up area with a fan. make it so that when you touch it it is warm, dont heat to much, or you will most likely mess something up in regards to the paint, or burn yourself.

Part C: get yourself some tooth floss, and gently pry at one edge of the letter/sign and use an up/down action.

the st on the pulsar is a *****, because it isnt a metal badge, its some shitty plastic, so basically i had to tear it up a bit

slow and steady wins the race, and there it is!

the T was harder to remove but it eventually went free. this is what your left with. that stuff is adhesive for those of you playing at home

using a gentle dish washing scrubber, just pour warm water and use the fan again to soften the adhesive and scrub at the remaining residue

use same technique. after i did this, i used the edge of the letter "U" to scrape off the remaining glue, cos the traditional method didnt want to work. it took some time. dont scratch to hard or you will scratch the paint.

*note to self. heating metal peices makes it hot. hot metal on hands, burns fingers.*

first i bought the crap on the right to get rid of the remaining adhesive, but it did shit all. it is a waxer for the car basically . then i went back to bunnings and bought some oomph! i put it on a towel (dont tell your mum you ruined her tea towel when you do this) and applied it on the area affected. then washed it with warm water, and scrubbed rest of it off.

ta da!

now your car is a mystery car. chicks like mystery. so debadging your car gets chicks. fact.

hope this helps!
    Parallel lines have got so much in common. It's a shame they'll never meet.

IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO OLD

My N16

'how-to' de-badge your car

hehe i was having the difficulties, but it's sorted now. only problem i have is the paint being permanently damaged by something, the edges of the plasticy sticker thing had like cut into the paintwork somehow. nice simple write-up though, good work.

Comment

Kudos to you sir! Very nice!
      Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
      MR CELICAS TOY!
      MrCelicas Family rides!
      Originally posted by Rake
      MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
        hehe i was having the difficulties, but it's sorted now. only problem i have is the paint being permanently damaged by something, the edges of the plasticy sticker thing had like cut into the paintwork somehow. nice simple write-up though, good work.
        what the hell were you doing to your badges for it to cut your paint? lol :P. thank you tho!

Originally posted by MrCelica View Post
        Kudos to you sir! Very nice!
        thank you, sir.

My N16

Comment

Originally posted by BiH-PULSAR View Post
          what the hell were you doing to your badges for it to cut your paint? lol :P. thank you tho!
          i didn't do it, i heated the badge, dental flossed under it and cleaned the glue off with the proper method, took my time with it, then noticed there was a shit outline left and the paint was damaged around the edge, i dunno when it happened but it wasn't a result of me doing anything improper.

Comment

was it just a sticker outline, or was it cut into the paint? cos i had a sticker outline, and i just used a dish washing scrub to get it off, and then a small concentrate of warm water and car wash fluid.

My N16

Comment

it's not an outline, it's a proper cut/mess of the paintwork. idk how to describe it, i'll try and get a photo tomorrow.

Comment

You can also use WD-40 to get off the sticky stuff left behind. It works great and it dosent damage the paint!
                Bug-eye Nation!

-Walker

Comment

you can use a caramel wheel attachment on a drill to remove any kind of residue, works with factory decals too.
                  just not too long in one place because you will burn the paint.

if not, wax and grease, vinyl prep, metho, tiny bit of turps,

and paint under the badge will probably be a different color to the rest of the car.
                  you can fix this and any uneven patches with some 2500 grit wet and dry and some cutting compound
                  I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
                  sigpic
                  ^^copyright NDH 795^^

want to know more? http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-gt4-track-car

Comment

Exactly the same procedure i did a month ago or so on the "golf" and "gti" badges removal, used the letter "O" for scrubbing, scrubbed a bit hard and had to polish, but no permanent harm done... result:

Last edited by Chipsy; 03-06-2012, 07:22 AM.

Comment

looks great
                      I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
                      sigpic
                      ^^copyright NDH 795^^

Comment

Hmm here's a tricky one - what's best to use to reapply badges... some people say silicone adhesive glue stuff or double sided tape I'm just not sure what's best or even what particular type is needed ?
                        sigpic
                        Girls like diamonds. Not STi's

Comment

3m double sided tape
                          sigpic
                          ^^copyright NDH 795^^

Comment

Very nice post!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X