Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust Leak Fixing - 09 Yamaha BeeWee Scooter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Leak Fixing - 09 Yamaha BeeWee Scooter

hey guys my Yamaha scooter exhaust is snapped... I bought it that way,
    Did a super dodgy fix by cross threading bolts into the stud holes on the head but its leaking like crazy and its super loud. Do you thing some exhaust sealer would work?
    I'm going to give it a try anyways and I'll let you know.. but im totally open to suggestions

https://streamable.com/fvid1 - link to clip of it running

I hate to say this but there are two options. 1 if you can drill the old threads right out and run oversized bolts if you can. The other is to buy another head and slap it on. I know nothing about a beewee. Also wheres it busted?
    Permanent rev limiter = the crank popping out to say ELLO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      I hate to say this but there are two options. 1 if you can drill the old threads right out and run oversized bolts if you can. The other is to buy another head and slap it on. I know nothing about a beewee. Also wheres it busted?
      the leak was around where the exhaust bolts onto the head, the head is damaged and there also was no metal gasket... so i flipped the scooter upside down and slapped on a whole tube of this sealant an its right as rain very qyiet and fixed up the slight hesitation it had

Comment

Yeah in that case you aught to do one of the repairs I mentioned. If you want to keep it that is. if not hey bobs your auntie you got her fixed! Riding is most of the fun!
        Permanent rev limiter = the crank popping out to say ELLO!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X