Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help dealing with your keys, locks or something in between? Ask me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter25
    replied
    Originally posted by BlockHead View Post
    yeah i changed the batt and nothing
    just so were clear the remote (keyless/ fob) is not the transponder the transponder is inside the plastic housing of the key. sounds to me like you'll have to have the fob programmed. check some nissan forums.

Leave a comment:

• BlockHead
    replied
    yeah i changed the batt and nothing

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    Originally posted by hatwearer View Post
    great thread, just what I was hoping for!

I just got a Nissan Stagea 1999 that only came with one key, a remote control ket with buttons on it. I simply want to get another spare key without too much cost.

I know I can buy a Nissan branded and shaped for less than $20 but it states it comes without a transponder,. Where can I get the transponder and how do I program it to work with my car? If you have a guide for my car could you please upload it? Thank you in advance!
    BTW i won't have a guide for that. never even heard of the car until today.

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    Ill let you know about my Ford Fista tomorrow, as my Stagea is a Jap import
    thanks dude!

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied

I just got a Nissan Stagea 1999 that only came with one key, a remote control ket with buttons on it. I simply want to get another spare key without too much cost.

I know I can buy a Nissan branded and shaped for less than $20 but it states it comes without a transponder,. Where can I get the transponder and how do I program it to work with my car? If you have a guide for my car could you please upload it? Thank you in advance!
    it being a 1999 i doubt it has a transponder go to your local locksmith have a plain metal key made if it turns and doesn't start you need a transponder key (locksmith should be able to help you with that) if it turns and starts then there is no transponder key

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    Originally posted by BlockHead View Post
    im hoping you can answer questions about keyless entry. well i have an MY02 impreza which the keyless doesn't work. well it did once upon a time but not any more. iv tryed reprogramming the fob and have pulled out the receiver which looks to be fine. after trying to reprogram the fob it has occasionally decided that it will try to lock the doors after giving up and not working again
    I don't know too much about key fobs have you changing the battery?

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    Originally posted by Charliee View Post
    Hi I have a 1998 mk2 clio I think my driver side door's key barrel has gone, I have had the door panel off and the mech is still working any idea's or is it broke ?
    I need more information as to what is happening. is it not turning with the key?

Leave a comment:

• hatwearer
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter25 View Post
    Can someone give me their year make and model of an Australian, euro or japanese car. And if it does or does not have a transponder? I'm trying to
    figure out if that varies with domestic markets....
    Ill let you know about my Ford Fista tomorrow, as my Stagea is a Jap import

Leave a comment:

• hatwearer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlockHead
    replied
    im hoping you can answer questions about keyless entry. well i have an MY02 impreza which the keyless doesn't work. well it did once upon a time but not any more. iv tryed reprogramming the fob and have pulled out the receiver which looks to be fine. after trying to reprogram the fob it has occasionally decided that it will try to lock the doors after giving up and not working again

Leave a comment:

• Charliee
    replied
    Hi I have a 1998 mk2 clio I think my driver side door's key barrel has gone, I have had the door panel off and the mech is still working any idea's or is it broke ?

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    Bumped for aussies

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    Can someone give me their year make and model of an Australian, euro or japanese car. And if it does or does not have a transponder? I'm trying to figure out if that varies with domestic markets....
    Last edited by Peter25; 14-12-2012, 02:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    So for those that don't know I'm working at mental
    Hospital right now so I may not be able to answer every question but will still be doing some side work as a locksmith...... Just fyi
    Last edited by Peter25; 11-12-2012, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter25
    replied
    Bumped for new people

Leave a comment:

Working...
X