Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subarute specs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subarute specs

I recently got into an accident in my 05 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS sedan. It's deemed totaled and I'm still working through insurance details, but my goal is to keep the car and rebuild it when I have more time.

I'm considering doing a ute conversion and was wondering where I could find a detailed build sheet for the subarute, since the damage is fairly localized to the trunk and the rest of the car is just fine. I mostly need the internal bracing to make the bed and prevent the unibody from folding in half without a full roof.

There isn't a detailed build sheet for the Subarute. However the principal is the same, cut the back of the roof and boot open and seal it all up and reinforce. There's a guy on Youtube who has built one as a daily. His video is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0cJMa3GY1Y There is a full set of build videos he has made that are relatively detailed, so I recommend you check em out. If you do decide to go ahead with the build, be sure to post photos of your progress, it would be mad to see.

Comment

That damage looks fixable, I wouldn't cut it up.

Comment

ute tho

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
          That damage looks fixable, I wouldn't cut it up.
          The damage is well into the unibody and trunk. It actually shifted enough that the driver's tail light sticks out slightly. I'd be doing just as much work patching up the unibody as I would doing a conversion.

Comment

Please start a topic if you go ahead with the ute, itll be awesome to see a sedan version.

Comment

Working...
            X