Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

i got a 2002 Hyundai Elantra XD with a G4GB 1800cc, I was thinking of turbocharging it or wondering how hard it would be to fit a 4G93T or a 4G63T?

This probably isn't going to be particularly helpful.

If it was me, I'd turbocharge the G4GB. I'm sure it could make 200hp and still be reliable - which is pretty much around that a 4G93T makes standard anyway.

If you wanted more, I'd forge the G4GB internals to take more power. It would probably work out cheaper in the long run compared to all the custom mounts/shafts/wiring you'd need for fitting either of the 4G engines.

That's my opinion anyway.
    They see me coalin', they hatin'.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

fitting a 4G63T is not for the feint of heart im afraid, there is a huuuuuuuuuge amount of work required, and not only that, you'd almost be guaranteed to never be able to have it on the road ever again, the whole engine, gearbox and drive train would set you back at least $10,000 and the rest of the work would be in the $20,000 easily.

so in saying that, i would look into turbocharging the G4GB, probably just be careful on how much boost it could take since i really dont know if anyones ever turbo charged one.

Comment

Yeah that was what I think but the. I have seen a 4G63T from a airtreck for $1800NZD. My next thing is would a manifold from the 4G motors bolt up to the G4? As it looks very close to each other. I was also wondering would a td05 be a good size to run?
        Last edited by nzmichael; 16-09-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X