Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Tyco/ amp connectors. How do I open em?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Tyco/ amp connectors. How do I open em?

I hit a snag in my quick disconnect harness. I found the connectors I would like to use and have the loom seperated from the ECM but!.... I cant remove the wires from the connectors. The ECM ones were a breeze. But the engine connectors are giving me trouble. I made a tool and its not seeming to work. I used some old long tweezers that had no temper ground them down put a light curve in the tip and they work great on the old non waterproof square connectores but dont do a damn thing to the tyco's. Yes I removed the secondairy retainers.... I odont want to buy a 40 $ tool for a 10$ connector.... I plan on doing this once.
    Permanent rev limiter = the crank popping out to say ELLO!!!!

I've done a few Tyco connectors, I don't remember them being much different from others. I just have a cheap eBay set of depinning tools.

Comment

Partr of my problem is they got oil in them. They are brittle. I ordered tome DEUTSCH connectors. How is the Blademaster? My car is still awaiting parts but the update is they will be here soon.
      Permanent rev limiter = the crank popping out to say ELLO!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X