Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Corolla 1.3 2E Carburetor help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Corolla 1.3 2E Carburetor help!

I have a late 80's corolla with the 2E 1.3 engine with a carburetor. The carb just froze and it's stuck with high idle and choke all the way on. Exhaust is spewing out gasoline and the engine is running on 3 cylinders.. After cleaning the carburetor and changing the oil and unfreezing some pins inside the carburetor, the motor now runs in 4 cylinders and much more smoother.. Still the idle is at 1500 rpm's.. The throttle cable had 2 millimetres of slack so it's not a cable thing..

I still don't know if the cleaning up the carb fixed the issue.. The carb itself has only the text AISAN on it.. So i can't even find the exact model of it.. The carb has only a single barrel and google is throwing 2 barrel carbs at me.. The intake has only one hole too.

The carb is like an octopus of pressure hoses and one electric solenoid on the carb.. I think the wax choke thing is broken. What i want to do is remove the choke completely so i can get MOT on the stupid thing and after that, install a manual choke cable and never have headaches again..

If somebody knows the model of the carburetor, that would help a lot.. Or how to tune it.

Here's a picture of the carburetor:

678367_1_orig.jpg
    678367_2_orig.jpg
    Check out my Ford P5 1967 17M, And comment!

"The decisions you make, and the actions that follow. Are a reflection of who you are. You cannot hide from yourself."

I guess this is the rarest carburetor on earth? Literally no info on it.
    Check out my Ford P5 1967 17M, And comment!

"The decisions you make, and the actions that follow. Are a reflection of who you are. You cannot hide from yourself."

Comment

Working...
    X