Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daihatsu Charade/Cuore/Mira 2004 (L250/251) Parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daihatsu Charade/Cuore/Mira 2004 (L250/251) Parts?

So I recently bought a UK spec 2004 Daihatsu Charade, parts - especially aftermarket - seem almost non existent.

I'm specifically trying to find a set of lowering springs and the usual ebay & Google hunting has come up pretty fruitless.

Only two options so far -

H&R but they're hella expensive.

Spax SSX kit, which are cheaper but I'm skeptical that they will fit as they are listed as fitting both the Mk7 Cuore (L250 same as mine) and the Mk8 which is the L275...

So unless the L275 shares the same springs as the L250 I doubt they'll work, if it does share these parts then that's even better as there are more options for the L275 like vogtland and such.

Secondly I need to find a steering wheel boss, but again can only seem to find them for the older miras not the 2003 onwards cars.

If anyone can point me in the direction of where to get the parts or if the L275 Mk8 Cuore or another daihatsu shares these parts then that would be awesome.
    Last edited by SlidewaysNugget; 25-11-2019, 11:02 PM.

Hey mate!

Yes parts for these in the UK isn't great, would be worth your while posting on the Kei Cars in the Park facebook page (I may be slightly biased!) because there will be someone there who knows all the Mira details inside and out for parts swapping and compatibility

I'd be very surprised if the wheel boss doesn't fit the newer car, they tend to keep major components the same for years - which is why they can build them so cheap!
    I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
      Hey mate!

Yes parts for these in the UK isn't great, would be worth your while posting on the Kei Cars in the Park facebook page (I may be slightly biased!) because there will be someone there who knows all the Mira details inside and out for parts swapping and compatibility

I'd be very surprised if the wheel boss doesn't fit the newer car, they tend to keep major components the same for years - which is why they can build them so cheap!
      Awesome thanks, I've found lowering springs in Malaysia for the Perodua Viva as I recall woody and Al mentioning that licensed version of the Charade.

My only issue is nowhere in Malaysia seems to ship outside of Malaysia, so hopefully that Facebook page might know some sources that will ship to the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SlidewaysNugget View Post

Awesome thanks, I've found lowering springs in Malaysia for the Perodua Viva as I recall woody and Al mentioning that licensed version of the Charade.

My only issue is nowhere in Malaysia seems to ship outside of Malaysia, so hopefully that Facebook page might know some sources that will ship to the UK.
        They will, it's been done before.

We're no a bad bunch

Project Diesel Tune:

Martin's Kei to success

Comment

They will, it's been done before.

We're no a bad bunch
          Yeah helped a lot, found someone recommending to use buyee.jp

Found everything I want for the charade on there and more!! Even found side skirts, front and rear lip add-ons and whatnot. Cheap pricing and shipping isn't horrible either.

So will soon order the lowering springs and steering boss, currently in the middle of replacing all the factory door speakers as only one works, seems like moisture has killed them as the window trim seals on all the doors are old and letting more moisture past them than I would expect.

Haven't found a replacement outer window trim seal yet but will definitely need it if my plan for the door internals doesn't work. While doing the door speakers I'm going to sound deaden the entire car, replace all the weather shields in the doors as they are trashed and make them better than before so that the speakers are sealed better from the outer panel to keep moisture away from them.

Sourced some nice 14" speed line alloys that are local to me and cheap due to needing a refurb, which is fine as i would be repainting them anyway. Haven't chosen a colour yet.

A job probably for spring/summer will be de-badging and smoothing the front and rear.
          Last edited by SlidewaysNugget; 28-11-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Sounds great!

Buyee is brilliant for searching yahoo auctions and they'll sort postage etc.

I think posting to the UK that Sir Customs and Lord VAT will still want a slice. so be prepared for that even after you've "paid" for postage

Don't paint your wheels bronze, I did that and they turned out to be copper. Which looks pink in low light levels hahaha!

Project Diesel Tune:

Martin's Kei to success

Comment

Sounds great!

Buyee is brilliant for searching yahoo auctions and they'll sort postage etc.

I think posting to the UK that Sir Customs and Lord VAT will still want a slice. so be prepared for that even after you've "paid" for postage

Don't paint your wheels bronze, I did that and they turned out to be copper. Which looks pink in low light levels hahaha!
              Haha yeah i'll be expecting HM Revenue is gonna want a tasty slab of that cake...

Yeah I was considering gold, since gold wheels and blue car is a tried and tested match, the other option would be like gloss lime green or a gloss vibrant purple.

This is what the wheels look like right now;

Comment

Working...
              X