Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porsche transaxles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche transaxles

I was wondering how swapping a porsche transaxle works, since the engine originally is behind the transmission, putting the transmission (ex: g50) behind another engine would make the wheels spin the opposite way. Do people who put g50s in otger cars flip them upside down? Do original porsche engines spin counter clockwise? I'm confused

Depends on what you're swapping that gearbox into, if it's another rwd, rearengine car then there's no problem. Porsche gearboxes are popular choices when building a Superlite SL-C kitcar (engine in front of transmission) for example. And you can fit those with any engine you want aslong as you have an adapter plate to go between the engine and gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
      Depends on what you're swapping that gearbox into, if it's another rwd, rearengine car then there's no problem. Porsche gearboxes are popular choices when building a Superlite SL-C kitcar (engine in front of transmission) for example. And you can fit those with any engine you want aslong as you have an adapter plate to go between the engine and gearbox.
      Sorry, I forgot to specify, I meant a mid-engined car, for example the ultima gtr. Since the rear engine config makes the wheels spin one way, spinning the whole thing around 180° (seen from above) would make the wheels spin the opposite way, right? Unless you flip the trans upside down or have the engine spinning in the opposite way
      Last edited by SlimAlmostShady; 28-07-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Have you tried googling it. Maybe there is some way to modify the differential to spin the wheels the right way.

Comment

Working...
        X